Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Credit Card minimum credit score

tag
Smselle
New Visitor

Home Depot Credit Card minimum credit score

Hey there everyone... I am new here Smiley Happy  I am wondering if anyone knows the minimum credit score needed to be approved for a credit card through Home Depot? I recently purchased a home, paid off a loan account and purchased a new vehicle. My credit score has been fluctuating because of it. Right now I am at 670 but before all of this, I was at 720. I am trying to wait on my credit score to rise again before applying but I am in need of building a privacy fence due to HORRIBLE neighbors. I am wanting to apply but would hate to have the inquiry on my report if I am not approved.. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
policebox
Contributor

Re: Home Depot Credit Card minimum credit score

According to the Credit Pulls database on creditboards, in the past year the average FICO score for approvals was 685, the range was 630 to 746.

Message 2 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Its 640 for the minimum and your apr will be at the highest as well.

Message 3 of 9

Based on my scores they gave me a $2500 limit last Saturday.

737 - EQ | 683 - EX | 663 TU - 03/31/14

WPCU Platinum Visa $20K / DCU Rewards Visa $10K / Home Depot $10K / Fifth Third Rewards $7500 / Chase Freedom $1500 (AU) /Barclaycard $750 / Fingerhut $700 / Credit One $550 / NWFCU Visa $500 / Macy's $500 / Quicksilver $500 / Kohl's $400 / J Crew $250 / Buckle $250 / Express $250

Message 4 of 9
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

it was one of my first cards, i had about a 630'ish score, got $500

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 5 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@TatorTodd wrote:

it was one of my first cards, i had about a 630'ish score, got $500

I just got a pre-selected offer and they offer sounds like a Comenity Bank offer. Is that true?

Message 6 of 9
Smselle
New Visitor

What is your score if you don't mind me asking?
Message 7 of 9
Smselle
New Visitor

That's fine.. I always pay it off before the interest date comes around Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

they are not commenity, i do know that.  I think they are citi, as the lay out is identical to my shell gas card.  They hard pull any request  for CLI, and never do automatic.  After reading, it seems better to go with a LOWE's card, if there is one local to you. 

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.