Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Increased my Credit Limit

tag
mborgens
Valued Member

Home Depot Increased my Credit Limit

Unsolicited, Home Depot increased my credit limit by $5000.00. I'm wondering if they have started pulling their video and are increasing credit limits by the amount of time spent in their store? If this true, I'm going to contact them. It should have gone up by 100K.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Home Depot Increased my Credit Limit

Congrats! That's a heck of a CLI!
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Whenever I have carried a balance with them (0% of course) they have given me increase.
Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats....Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@mborgens wrote:
Unsolicited, Home Depot increased my credit limit by $5000.00. I'm wondering if they have started pulling their video and are increasing credit limits by the amount of time spent in their store? If this true, I'm going to contact them. It should have gone up by 100K.

Congrats! How long have you had the card, how much have you used it, and is it the store card or the MC? (Enquiring minds want to know! Smiley Wink ) thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
mborgens
Valued Member

I've only had it about a year. I have been using it quite a bit. I love their 12 months, no payment. We manage our credit well; so, if they want to allow us to collect 4% on our windows, I'm a happy camper. Yes, our credit union pays 4% on checking. It just was 6%. But I digress. I had to let the card cool off before touching it. It's quite hot from all of the usage. It is a store card, and my new limit is 17K. My HD card line (that's what us Homies call our cards) is larger than some of my credit cards.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.