Reply
Established Member
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-28-2012
0

Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

Hello All: 

 

As you may know I want to remodel my kitchen and bathroom and flooring in the beautiful home I brought about 3 months ago. I want to share my success with home depot. I recently applied for the store consumer card from citibank and recieved a $7,500.00 credit line.

 

I went to my local home depot and was aware that they give loans for projects with are though GreenSky Credit 

Project Loan Lines from 5,000 to 40,000

Quoted monthly payments assume an 84-month term at a 13.99% annual percentage rate. See store associate for details.

I sat down and he ran the credit for a 30,000 loan for 84 months with payments totaling $562.03 and to my knowlege I WAS APPROVED!!!!!!! 

Do you guys have the home depot loan ??? Now I am excited because now I can proably take a home equity out and put a inground pool 

 

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

Congratulations.     Also, check rates on the store card and any other credit cards you may have.  13.99% isn't bad, but you might have a lower rate somewhere else.

With the loan,  you pay $47,210 back (which, again, is not bad for a 7 year loan).  But if you have a lower-rate card, you can save some money putting some of the $30K on that.

Established Member
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-28-2012
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

Thanks!!! and the only reason is that the loan is directly with HD and It was easy to recieve and im getting all applicanes, grantie, vanities, toilets and everything right in the store this week and It was approved within 10 minutes and i had to speak to them over the phone in the store 


bs6054 wrote:

Congratulations.     Also, check rates on the store card and any other credit cards you may have.  13.99% isn't bad, but you might have a lower rate somewhere else.

With the loan,  you pay $47,210 back (which, again, is not bad for a 7 year loan).  But if you have a lower-rate card, you can save some money putting some of the $30K on that.


 

Established Member
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-28-2012
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

The loan is a 84 month term and 13.99 %

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 267
Registered: ‎05-15-2009
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

[ Edited ]

OP, can share your FICO stats and tell us what CR they pulled.  Im looking to get a pool done in the future, and would like to get as much inside info on this kind of loan. I just became aware of HD loan program a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been able to find too much info on it.

 

 

Thanks

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Established Member
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-28-2012
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

[ Edited ]

you can get the loan at home depot only can be used at home depot and i took a 30,000 loan for 560 for about 84 months and im trying to do my kitchen and 2 bathrooms with it. Try to apply in store loans are from 5,000 to 40,000 also they pulled equifax and 743 and my income is 125,000 


bigman023 wrote:

OP, can share your FICO stats and tell us what CR they pulled.  Im looking to get a pool done in the future, and would like to get as much inside info on this kind of loan. I just became aware of HD loan program a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been able to find too much info on it.

 

 

Thanks


 

New Visitor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎03-14-2014
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

743 is a good score and you have good income, did you try a bank for a home equity loan?  My bank's home equity loans are 4.25%.

 

Calculate the true cost of a loan

 

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/managing-debt/annual-percentage-rate-calculator.aspx

 

At 13.99% for $30,000, 7 years (84 months) will cost you $17,210.91 in interest over 7 years, you'll pay $47,210.91 total!  Monthly payment of $562.03.

 

A 4.25% loan for $30,000 for the same time would cost you $4,736.14 in interest, or $34,736.14 total.  Monthly payment of $413.53

 

Moderator
Posts: 8,550
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky


bobkratchet wrote:

743 is a good score and you have good income, did you try a bank for a home equity loan?  My bank's home equity loans are 4.25%.

 

Calculate the true cost of a loan

 

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/managing-debt/annual-percentage-rate-calculator.aspx

 

At 13.99% for $30,000, 7 years (84 months) will cost you $17,210.91 in interest over 7 years, you'll pay $47,210.91 total!  Monthly payment of $562.03.

 

A 4.25% loan for $30,000 for the same time would cost you $4,736.14 in interest, or $34,736.14 total.  Monthly payment of $413.53

 


Wowza, very nice information!

Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎03-04-2014
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky


MRomano442 wrote:

Hello All: 

 

As you may know I want to remodel my kitchen and bathroom and flooring in the beautiful home I brought about 3 months ago. I want to share my success with home depot. I recently applied for the store consumer card from citibank and recieved a $7,500.00 credit line.

 

I went to my local home depot and was aware that they give loans for projects with are though GreenSky Credit 

Project Loan Lines from 5,000 to 40,000

Quoted monthly payments assume an 84-month term at a 13.99% annual percentage rate. See store associate for details.

I sat down and he ran the credit for a 30,000 loan for 84 months with payments totaling $562.03 and to my knowlege I WAS APPROVED!!!!!!! 

Do you guys have the home depot loan ??? Now I am excited because now I can proably take a home equity out and put a inground pool 

 

 

 


I had the same loan just finished paying it. I took the max 40k and got everything for my home, it was a great deal. It is so funny i did the same exact thing and still took my equity out and did my whole yard with an inground pool 

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,214
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Home Depot Loan/GreenSky

Online it says "Fixed 7.99% APR*

with a 740 you got 13.99? that's not that great a deal.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.