Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Offer, Citi Blacklist?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Home Depot Offer, Citi Blacklist?

Does Citi still service the Home Depot credit cards?  I ask because I received a pre-selected offer in the mail today.  While I have no intention of applying (I shop at local hardwares stores or at Sears/Lowe's), this has piqued my interest.  I burned Citi with an associates card (Keybank Platinum MC) about seven years ago for less than $1000.  It eventually went to collections, with whom the debt was paid.  I would really like to add a Forward card to my wallet when my last baddie falls off in February, but I assumed I was blacklisted.

Can anyone chime in on this?  Thanks.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Home Depot Offer, Citi Blacklist?

@Leadberry wrote:

Does Citi still service the Home Depot credit cards?  I ask because I received a pre-selected offer in the mail today.  While I have no intention of applying (I shop at local hardwares stores or at Sears/Lowe's), this has piqued my interest.  I burned Citi with an associates card (Keybank Platinum MC) about seven years ago for less than $1000.  It eventually went to collections, with whom the debt was paid.  I would really like to add a Forward card to my wallet when my last baddie falls off in February, but I assumed I was blacklisted.

Since you paid the money back you may not be blacklisted.

Citi can be very picky tho

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Yeah, I called them a few times before my app spree in January to try to see if I was actually blacklisted.  All they could give me was the typical "sir, we won't know what would happen until you apply for the card, but you're more than welcome to apply now."  One of them even gave me a spiel about how Citi valued my business.  Wasn't sure if he was trying to imply something or if it was just part of the script, so I erred on the side of caution.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 4
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

I had a Home Depot card that was charged off.  Approx. 1.5 years ago, I offered Citi a settlement for 40% of the outstanding balance and it was accepted.  

I started banking with Citi around the same time that I offered the settlement.  Most recently, I have applied for and received a Checking Plus Line of Credit and converted a Citi credit card to the Citi ThankYou Preferred card with no problem.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.