Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Pre-Approval Store card

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Home Depot Pre-Approval Store card

@Anonymous wrote:

hauling, we want to re-do the bathrooms so it will come in handy. A long time ago, we redid the whole house with carpets from H.D. Time to do it again.

Oh, honey, in that case, go for it!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouraging words Hauling and everybody. I'm going to think about it over the 3 day weekend........and prolly go in on Monday. Lots to consider though.

Thanks again everybody! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syl-

I got one of these the other day as well 5K -

On the back there is a disclaimer about CL being as low as $300

I have no softs from CITI - so someone has to be giving them this information-

I was tempted- but NO
Message 13 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
I received another one today. In January I received one that was pre-approved for $500, and I shredded it.

Today though it flat footed said on the Pre-Approved Credit Card Response Certificate: "Your Credit Line: $3,000". There's no mention anywhere on the "...up to $xxxx" disclaimer I see on most pre-approvals.

It almost sounds as if it's an instant approval. All I have to do is go apply for it.

And as we will be doing some home repairs this summer, I'm tempted.

I know this has been asked before, but after my bad hair-computer day, I'm not up to researching, or anything else for that matter. It's sammich night and everyone is on their own.

My questions:
1. are there cli's upon activation? And how are the cli's after usage for a while?
2. what's your overall experience with the store card?
3. is it a card worth having?
4. does it convert to a straight M.C./Visa after a while?

The no payments, no interest for 6 months is very appealing.

I received this offer in Dec. telling me my credit line was 10,000... and that is exactly what I got.  I can't say what the cli would be like since I received a high opening line. I have used the card for a 0% offer for 12 months.  They have sent me little postcards with bar codes for more 12 month, no payment no interest.  I have had no problems with this card whatsoever... I like that they print off extra receipts if there's a rebate involved with your purchase.  It's a handy card to have if you want to make some improvements and pay over time with no interest.
Message 14 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH applied for a home depot card in the store last year and was declined. A couple of months later he was sent one of those pre approvals for 3k. He applied again, and was immediately declined. They continued sending the offers, but by this time he was discouraged.

When dh and I went on our credit card application spree earlier this year he only applied (and was approved) for one card. We were talking tonight, and he said if he could just get the Home Depot card he would be content. So we applied again tonight, and this time he got a message saying to call the customer service #.

He did, and they drilled him for about two minutes about our mortgage, car payment, addresses, etc., and finally approved him for the 3K. He was thrilled, especially since right before we applied he had said: "If I just get a 1K limit that would be good for me..."

I'm very happy for him. He's beaming.

BTW, they pulled TU and his score is 644.

Message Edited by Lyyssa on 03-21-2008 07:05 PM
Message 15 of 86
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Personally, I love Lowe's.  They also accept all of Home Depot's coupons.  Once in a while I land my hands on one of Home Depot's 20% employee coupons and my Lowe's lets me use it.

They also accept the 10% coupons.  There are a couple of exceptions though, i.e. Bosch, etc.

It seems that Lowe's runs more 0% promotions as well.

Sylvia:  I'm sure you're in with Home Depot....go on and app., come on DO IT!
Message 16 of 86
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

I got the same offer about 2 months ago.  I was apprehensive, but I went ahead and did it online.  Instant approval for the $3,000. as they said.  With me, it was a real pre-approval.

Smiley Happy
Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 17 of 86
Niki9
Regular Contributor

I got one for $5000.  When we really needed the card.

went online and was approved for $5000.

Message 18 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niki9 wrote:
I got one for $5000.  When we really needed the card.

went online and was approved for $5000.

Message 19 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Second day and i already got locked out of my new account, oops! Oh well, Onto topic! Your first mistake is even considering going with Home Depot Smiley Happy lol Actually as a Lowe's Corporate employee myself i had to say that, keeping face you know Smiley Happy but our credit department is actually very good about deals and working with you also as are our stores and in my experience (which is probably a lot more unbiased than most would believe) the store itself will work with you a lot more regardless of credit. I'd go blue first....just sayin' Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.