Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Pre-Approval Store card

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Home Depot Pre-Approval Store card

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, Second day and i already got locked out of my new account, oops! Oh well, Onto topic! Your first mistake is even considering going with Home Depot Smiley Happy lol Actually as a Lowe's Corporate employee myself i had to say that, keeping face you know Smiley Happy but our credit department is actually very good about deals and working with you also as are our stores and in my experience (which is probably a lot more unbiased than most would believe) the store itself will work with you a lot more regardless of credit. I'd go blue first....just sayin' Smiley Happy

A-ha! So can you get Lowe's to change from GEMB to Citi or (yikes) Chase? I usually prefer Lowe's too, but I really hate GEMB...

How does a Brit wind up working for Lowe's, btw?

Edit: please disregard the question about being a Brit! We now have Ankh7, akhan, and ankh all active on the forums at the same time. This is going to get interesting! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-22-2008 06:39 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Still pondering the issue. I took the offer with me yesterday when we met with our accountant on our taxes(got a refund! yayyy!). I must have re-read that thing 3 times. I was tempted to stop into the store and apply there, but chickened out at the last minute.

Timothy, you're right! It DOES have a disclaimer about the opening cl. It's says the cl could be as little as $500....the same as the other 2 pre-apps from Citi I received. I would have jumped on the offer like a frog on a junebug if I'd have received a $5,000 offer like you did. Mine is for $3k though.

fishbjc, I prefer Lowe's too. I wish I could get a pre-app from them.

Decisions, decisions. lol. We'll see.

Thanks for all the input, everybody. Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry but until lowes dumps gemb i will not app them. syl, pull the trigger already!
Message 23 of 86
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

my mother has a home depot with $3k I think.  She went in to buy a bunch of stuff for my new condo and the lady asked her if she wanted to save 10% by apping for their card.  She said she already had one and the lady said "oh thats no problem, you can have 2"... she got approved for $5k!  My parents filed for bk when they divorced and my mom can get better credit cards and cl's than I can!!!

Message 24 of 86
Niki9
Regular Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:
sorry but until lowes dumps gemb i will not app them. syl, pull the trigger already!

I got a $1500 pre approval froms Lowes...

I don't think I'll app because I do not care for GEMB too much.  

Message 25 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Niki9 wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

1k pre-approval for me, already trashed it.
Message 26 of 86
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dnm45227 wrote:

@Niki9 wrote:

@dnm45227 wrote:

1k pre-approval for me, already trashed it.
Whenever they ask me to app, I just always tell them that I'll be all over them when they change banks. And again, apologies to those who are happy with GEMB! I've just seen too much bad stuff about them.

I feel the same about the good retail stores that use WFNNB (J.Crew and all.) They should provide better card servicing for their customers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:

My questions:
1. are there cli's upon activation? And how are the cli's after usage for a while?
2. what's your overall experience with the store card?
3. is it a card worth having?
4. does it convert to a straight M.C./Visa after a while?

The no payments, no interest for 6 months is very appealing.

1. not for me
2. very posetive
3. yes, heck yes!
4. never ever

they will call in and see if you can extend/qualify for up to 12 months no payment/no interest when you make a purchase over $299.99
Message 28 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online just now, and was approved for the $3,000 as stated in the pre-approval. Smiley Happy

I officially now love Citi. Smiley Very Happy

Somebody stop the merry-go-round! It's time to get off!

I noticed that it DID ask me for my D.L. number. That was a question someone asked a while ago on a different thread.

I thought I had seen some where or another that you should apply in store. Well I couldn't resist the temptation any longer.

(and I just now see ducky's last post. Smiley Indifferent grrrrrrr
Message 29 of 86
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied online just now, and was approved for the $3,000 as stated in the pre-approval. Smiley Happy

All riiiiiight! Let's go shopping! Smiley Very Happy

(hee hee hee, knew you wouldn't make it until tomorrow --impressed how long you held out!)
Message 30 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.