Home Depot Pre-Approval Store card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot Pre-Approval Store card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Most people are not brave enough to apply with CITI with major baddies-
I still have lates under 2 years old- but no ca's or negative accounts.
IMO- With CO on your report the max CL they would give would be $1k if they approved-

Yeah, thanks. My preapproval was indeed for $1000 (which seems to be the max I can get from anybody Smiley Sad ).
I think I'll hold off. If I'm preapproved already then waiting can only be a good thing right (might get better terms later)?

Message Edited by rebuilder on 04-02-2008 07:25 AM

The pre-approval I got was 7500.00 and jumped on that as I needed to purchase a Home Geneatro for 2600.00. About 3 months after that (and only paid about 300.00) they sent me a nice letter saying they raised my limit to 9000.00.

So hang in there. It may be 1000.00 today and in 3 or 4 months they auto raise it. Smiley Happy
Message 81 of 86
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

I applied an got an answer that I would receive my answere in 7-10 days. Is this a denied?
Message 82 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home depot on my EX and EQ this AM

Message 83 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats to everyone on their new HD cards and CLIs! DH received a pre-approval for $3K like Sylviatob, app'd and got it. I'm late on this thread so we're late on the info on the 30 day for CLI no additional hard.

Anyway, we still haven't used the card yet, but re-doing our kitchen is certainly on the list. We just got an offer in the mail for 12mo no interest, no payment. Rather short expiration date though (4/13). I wonder if this is the motivation to fast track the kitchen? But with a $3K CL, that would be a stretch. Would have to call for a CLI. At least we have a small kitchen and estimated updates come out to $6-8K. Including some new appliances. (DH thinks yacht kitchens are bigger. :/ )
Message 84 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yacht kitchens! LOLOL. Toooooo funny. Smiley Very Happy

Our kitchen is smaller than we'd like too. It's one of those late 70's galley kitchen that was popular back then. After the bathrooms that's next on the list.

Why don't you give them a call after you receive the card and ask for a cli? They seem to be pretty easy in that regard. I did. When I called they ASKED me how much of a cli i wanted. I asked for $2,000 and got it. Now I wish I would have asked for 3.
Message 85 of 86
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Timothy wrote:
My Card came today - 

Time to wake up this thread-

Funny Citi pulled TU for this card- (my mid-score) and then denied my Business card (pulled ex) with my highest score- 

Hello Timothy.

I rec'd the HD store card mid-March. Then decided I would also like the HDMC; I applied and it was decline. The credit dept told me their policy was only one application was allowed per 60 days; and to apply again after that timeframe. Also, since the application was flagged internally, there was no inquiry! This may be why you were denied for the business card.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 05-09-2008 10:07 PM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 86 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.