Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Prescreen link?

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Home Depot Prescreen link?

Ok, this may be a really dumb question, but I honestly dont know the answer:

Why would someone take a HP to get 6 months at 0% on purchases of $299 or more - when the same HP could be used to get a CC with 0% for upto 18 months - with all of the "rewards" and "benefits" that come with a CC and with no minimum purchase? - And this card has an extortionate APR too

Just kicking rocks - wondering Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 56
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

HD.png

Awesome interest rate!

I know right. I'm almost drooling at the terms. 

Mine was 25.9% also really hard to say no.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 56
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

My APR is high, and they will not lower it. I've tried. It doesn't matter as this card isn't something that I carry a balance on unless it's a promotional APR and then I watch it like a hawk and pay it off before the allotted time.
Message 13 of 56
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Why would someone take a HP to get 6 months at 0% on purchases of $299 or more - when the same HP could be used to get a CC with 0% for upto 18 months - with all of the "rewards" and "benefits" that come with a CC and with no minimum purchase? - And this card has an extortionate APR too

Eh, maybe for the future promotional offers that can come with the card. With this card you don't have to apply for a promotional offer each time... all you need is a minimum purchase amount. And you can have multiple promotional offers going at the same time if you wish. Not to mention if you PIF each statement you get 5% off of your purchase, I believe. (But then again, that might just be Lowe's -- not sure.)

Message 14 of 56
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Eh, maybe for the future promotional offers that can come with the card. With this card you don't have to apply for a promotional offer each time... all you need is a minimum purchase amount. And you can have multiple promotional offers going at the same time if you wish. Not to mention if you PIF each statement you get 5% off of your purchase, I believe. (But then again, that might just be Lowe's -- not sure.)

It's Lowes for 5% but Home Depot will match the 5% if you show them your Lowes card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 15 of 56
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

You don't have to show them your lowes card. You just have to ask for the 5% discount when paying with your HD card. That's the main reason I have one.

Message 16 of 56
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Home Depot will not match the 10% off that veterans get at all Lowe;s stores however

Message 17 of 56
awp317
Frequent Contributor

25% apr is good? Mine said I was pre qualified at 17.99% IM not sure whether I want it or not. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 18 of 56
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Ha. 26.99 for me! No thanks even though I love that place! Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

Home Depot will not match the 10% off that veterans get at all Lowe;s stores however

Shame on them.

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.