Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot-Score Needed?

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Home Depot-Score Needed?

Hi there!

I am sure this must be here somewhere, so I apologize if it has been addressed and I missed it.  I have been looking for a week now and can't find it in the search. It is probably me. Smiley Wink

I am looking to obtain a Home Depot card and am wondering what Equifax number is the "magic" number.  I am just under 650 at 648 FICO, but I paid my balances down to less than 9% earlier this month.   

I "backdoored" my TU, (EQ ALWAYS makes me call...GRRR!) so I know the cards I paid off have not yet updated as far as I can see.  I am hoping that some of you can share your experiences and scores with CL, so I know if I should try and risk the "hard pull", or simply wait it out.  

Thanks so much!

Lisa 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot-Score Needed?

I got a pre-approval mailer from Home Depot when my credit was shot  a year ago but not sure of the score though because I never pulled fico until this year. I applied for the pre-approval and was denied online so i let it go. A week later my suprise I got the card in the mail with $1001 limit. A month or so later I got a letter from Citi saying that my credit wasn't good enough so they lower my CL to $500 and that's where it's been and currently carrying a $40 balance. I wont be applying for any CLI because I wont be wasting a inquiry on a home depot card more than likely I will keep a sub $50 balance on the card to keep it active and if they give a CLI then so be it.

Message 2 of 3
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Re: Home Depot-Score Needed?

I got the Home Depot Card back in March and at the time I had a score of 660. I was approved with a $5000 CL. They pulled EX for me though and from what I've heard they always pull TU for CLI requests.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.