Established Contributor
Susyquk

Home Depot Store Card (Good news (ish)) Deferring Interest on Balance

So my husbands interest rate went up to 26.99% - yuck.

His credit scores have improved, i made more than minimum payments $2000 balance on $2500 limit.

Called them today and they told me nope, no interest rate reduction that was the best rate available to me.  Asked to speak to another manager and they said the same thing - however when I explained I was trying to buy a house and wanted to be able to use this card when we had but had to get the balance down somehow they did a great thing for me. 

Basically they have a thing where any purchase over $299 has no payments and defers interest for 12 months... she put the whole bill on that.  Now granted if i don't pay it back within a year then all the interest will be added to the account but as long as it is paid within a year of today then there will be no interest.  $180 a month with nothing going to interest seems a lot better than $150 a month with $50 of that going in interest payments.  As long as we stay on schedule it should mean that we will save about $600 in interest 

Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Re: Home Depot Store Card (Good news (ish)) Deferring Interest on Balance

Congratulations...sometimes the squeaky wheel...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+