Valued Member
txbradybunch

Home Depot card CLI requested - hard pull - no answer???

I have been working on bringing up my score by cleaning up some med collections, and getting my util % in a better place.  (Maxed out almost ALL cards when relocating last year.)  I have made as much progress as I can right now via cash (paying down) and tried to improve the % artificially with requesting CLI. 

Lowe's was great $1,400 increase immediately online.

Home Depot online request told me they would let me know...... did a hard inquiry on me - and I have yet to receive an answer.  What the heck????

So - I assume I am going to get a "thanks but no thanks" letter anytime.  Does it help to call and ask for reconsideration?

Valued Member
txbradybunch

Re: Home Depot card CLI requested - hard pull - no answer???

Ok - I was right - the rejection letter was in today's mail.....

So please anyone - tell me the script for when I call and ask for reconsideration?

Regular Contributor
jahmal

I have a $500 CL going on two years and I refuse to ask for  a CLI and get that hard for nothing. The trick is to request CLI from people who do soft.. HD clearly says they do an hard and in this credit climate I wouldn't ask them for one. I ask BoA for a CLI on my Amex every month for the past 6 months and all I get are rejection letters but all soft so no biggie.

Starting Score: 8/2008 521
Current Score: 734
Highest Ever: 4/2009 759
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

If you are carrying a balance on HD, they are SUPER great about giving auto CLI to allow you to charge more.  I have never paid interest on my account and have seen I believe 4 CLI over the years.
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}