Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot - no go, plus Juniper nervousness

tag
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Home Depot - no go, plus Juniper nervousness

Got the word from Home Depot today - it was a decline.  Boo.  Smiley Sad

But no mention of the BK, so I'll bide my time until next year.  2009 will be the year of the Prime.

Juniper is making me really nervous.  Everything I've read on here suggests to me that they are twitchy, which is in turn making me twitchy.  So I had made a sizable payment towards my charge on there a couple days ago and just did a small BT for the remainder.  I think I'll just let the card sit at zero until I decide what to do with it. 

And somewhere on here I read something about HD vs Lowe's and their approval patterns.  Someone (sorry not sure which thread it was on) said they thought HD seemed to approve men and Lowe's was women.  I could be wrong, but interestingly enough that's how it went with me.  No matter though.  I'm very happy with the Lowe's account and they work great for the projects we have coming up.

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot - no go, plus Juniper nervousness

Hi BoysMumx2,
Who did Lowes pull, and yes I have a Home Depot (and I am male, so you count me in the pattern), but I like the way Lowes is set up, much easier to find things, so I was thinking of apping.

Thanks!
Message 2 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Lowes Card is serviced by GEMB and it is not very easy to get CLI from GEMB.  They are very stingy.
Message 3 of 17
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi BoysMumx2,
Who did Lowes pull, and yes I have a Home Depot (and I am male, so you count me in the pattern), but I like the way Lowes is set up, much easier to find things, so I was thinking of apping.

Thanks!

Hi, Lowe's is GEMB and they pulled TU. Initial CL was $700 and I got instant approval. I like Lowe's too. There are some items I prefer at Home Depot, particularly in the gardening center, but I'm really happy with Lowe's. They've got a great promotion going on right now too.

I only hope that GEMB isn't totally stingy with the CLI's as we'll be wanting to do bigger projects in a couple of years. Smiley Happy

Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOme Depot seems to approve more men and Lowes more women because that is their customer make up in my experience. The Home Depot that I worked at had more male customers due in part to the small contractors. Also the Lowes that I worked at seemed to have about even to slightly more women customers.

I would definetly prefer to shop Home Depot. But at either one I don't not need much help for most of the store.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 6 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Female with Home Depot here. I preferred Lowe's stores for a long time, partly because of those wacko ads that Home Depot used to have. But after DH and I stood around for 20-30 minutes at Lowe's last fall, waiting for someone in flooring, we went to HD, were pounced on, had great service, great installation, they got $9K of my HELOC money, and 3 months later, I got a card ($4K.) Everyone was happy. (And I paid for it with a USAA AmEx, so I doubt that they know that I was a serious customer.)

I still like Lowe's, but in our area, HD has much better service. And I'm so wary of GEMB that I will think long and hard before getting a Lowe's card. Even though I absent-mindedly went to the Lowe's store to activate my HD card. (They were very gracious and good-natured.) I did tell them that if and when Lowe's switches to a decent bank to handle their card, I'll be there in a flash.

And btw, in terms of contractors, a Lowe's employee told me that contractors have so much trouble with the service on the Lowe's card that they'd rather not fool with it. Maybe that's why they're all over at HD now? I still kinda like Lowe's, though...

I guess I have to follow Tony Stewart now.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 17
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

I'm not going to give up on HD, since they do offer things that I prefer... and I agree, customer service at Lowe's is not all that great. So 2008 will be the year for Lowe's and 2009 will have to be the HD year, since I don't think CITI will touch me until then.

My mum swears by HD, so I think they'll be worth the wait. I'm just crossing my fingers that GEMB isn't awful to deal with...

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HD is like .25 miles from me.

I don't have any CITI products-
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling - I actually have had a good experience with GEMB/Lowe's......

CL of $15k and no problems with anything.  Bought a couple of appliances there as well as recarpeted a bedroom all through them.

No problems at all.  I suppose I could go for a CLI, but $15k is pretty good when I never use more than a couple grand......
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.