Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot - no go, plus Juniper nervousness

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Home Depot - no go, plus Juniper nervousness

@Anonymous wrote:
Hauling - I actually have had a good experience with GEMB/Lowe's......
CL of $15k and no problems with anything. Bought a couple of appliances there as well as recarpeted a bedroom all through them.
No problems at all. I suppose I could go for a CLI, but $15k is pretty good when I never use more than a couple grand......

It seems to be so variable about the different levels of service, mainly according to where you live.

I guess a lot of it comes down to their regional offices, and how much emphasis they put upon service within their group. And $15k is great!!!

I can always root for Jimmie Johnson over Tony Stewart!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to here that. i have 500 hd over a year now, got declined by lowe's last spring. today got a pre-approval from lowe's min 300 up to 1k, not if i can help it gemb (french for stingy!).
Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

--You guys will never know how close I came just now... I have the Lowe's cc app up on one window, and WhoGaveMeCredit on another. I just kept looking on WGMC at those small starting limits in almost every case. I wouldn't mind a small starting limit if I thought they would grow, but GEMB doesn't have a good track record in this department.

I haven't even used the HD card yet! No point in having both at this point, I guess. We'll see what happens when DD#1 comes back from New Orleans Katrina work to be my general contractor. And that's backed up to June now. Smiley Sad

Whew, dodged a bullet there...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I prefer Lowes and do have their card for myself!!!  They've been really good to me, but aren't great about cli's!!!!
Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fishbjc wrote:
I prefer Lowes and do have their card for myself!!! They've been really good to me, but aren't great about cli's!!!!

Sounds like the smart thing to do with Lowe's, if you want a good CL, is to hold off until your report and scores are nice and shiny. Since my reports currently look like New York City trashcans after being handled by bad-tempered sanitation workers, I'm holding off for 6 months or more. Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 17
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@fishbjc wrote:
I prefer Lowes and do have their card for myself!!! They've been really good to me, but aren't great about cli's!!!!

Sounds like the smart thing to do with Lowe's, if you want a good CL, is to hold off until your report and scores are nice and shiny. Since my reports currently look like New York City trashcans after being handled by bad-tempered sanitation workers, I'm holding off for 6 months or more. Smiley Wink

That's about the best description of a credit report that I've seen on here! lol!!

Does anyone know what it takes to get a CLI with GEMB/Lowe's? I hope I won't be perpetually stuck at low CL.

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, since I am only 8 months out of bk, no way I get $15k CL now....I got that back in '04 when my scores were 760-775.   Maybe in 2017 when the bk falls off!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.