Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Re: Home Depot - no go, plus Juniper nervousness

Boscoe wrote:
Hauling - I actually have had a good experience with GEMB/Lowe's......
CL of $15k and no problems with anything. Bought a couple of appliances there as well as recarpeted a bedroom all through them.
No problems at all. I suppose I could go for a CLI, but $15k is pretty good when I never use more than a couple grand......

It seems to be so variable about the different levels of service, mainly according to where you live.

I guess a lot of it comes down to their regional offices, and how much emphasis they put upon service within their group. And $15k is great!!!

I can always root for Jimmie Johnson over Tony Stewart!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

sorry to here that. i have 500 hd over a year now, got declined by lowe's last spring. today got a pre-approval from lowe's min 300 up to 1k, not if i can help it gemb (french for stingy!).
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

--You guys will never know how close I came just now... I have the Lowe's cc app up on one window, and WhoGaveMeCredit on another. I just kept looking on WGMC at those small starting limits in almost every case. I wouldn't mind a small starting limit if I thought they would grow, but GEMB doesn't have a good track record in this department.

I haven't even used the HD card yet! No point in having both at this point, I guess. We'll see what happens when DD#1 comes back from New Orleans Katrina work to be my general contractor. And that's backed up to June now. :smileysad:

Whew, dodged a bullet there...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

I prefer Lowes and do have their card for myself!!!  They've been really good to me, but aren't great about cli's!!!!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

fishbjc wrote:
I prefer Lowes and do have their card for myself!!! They've been really good to me, but aren't great about cli's!!!!

Sounds like the smart thing to do with Lowe's, if you want a good CL, is to hold off until your report and scores are nice and shiny. Since my reports currently look like New York City trashcans after being handled by bad-tempered sanitation workers, I'm holding off for 6 months or more. :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

fishbjc wrote:
I prefer Lowes and do have their card for myself!!! They've been really good to me, but aren't great about cli's!!!!

Sounds like the smart thing to do with Lowe's, if you want a good CL, is to hold off until your report and scores are nice and shiny. Since my reports currently look like New York City trashcans after being handled by bad-tempered sanitation workers, I'm holding off for 6 months or more. :smileywink:

That's about the best description of a credit report that I've seen on here! lol!!

Does anyone know what it takes to get a CLI with GEMB/Lowe's? I hope I won't be perpetually stuck at low CL.

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Yes, since I am only 8 months out of bk, no way I get $15k CL now....I got that back in '04 when my scores were 760-775.   Maybe in 2017 when the bk falls off!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.