Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot or Lowe's???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot or Lowe's???

Not sure?  I'm using 2 for furniture, 2 for landscaping and outside stuff & 2 for everything in the middle!  I really need to do my floors now.  Almost done with the furniture.  And that took over a year!  Paying that off over the next 6 months completely & moving on.  This new house thing is turning into a lot of $$$$$.  Smiley TongueSmiley Mad

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the Diamond Preferred & DC.  Citi didn't give me such great limits on them.  6k & 6K.  So give them to hubby to use for daily stuff.  Never thought of it?  Good idea!  Seems everything I want is Citi!  I don't want HD or Lowe's if I can help it.  Not unless it say's Visa or M/C after it!  I'm cutting back on the store cards (except the ones I really use) and trying for higher limits on the major one's and canceling the ones that I'm not using much.  Better to have less cards with higer limits than more cards with lower limits.  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it took a bit to answer!  Was watching my granddaughter and just couldn't get on here. Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure?  I'm using 2 for furniture, 2 for landscaping and outside stuff & 2 for everything in the middle!  I really need to do my floors now.  Almost done with the furniture.  And that took over a year!  Paying that off over the next 6 months completely & moving on.  This new house thing is turning into a lot of $$$$$.  Smiley TongueSmiley Mad

It was a new house now its your personalize new HOME

Complete with equity 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did our kitchen 2 years ago (mostly) through HD. We had about $20k of cabinets picked out, ready to order. DH applied and was approved for $10k, reconned (before we knew what it was) in-store and got $20k. I applied for it as well, separately, and was approved for $10k. At the time, I think his reports were clean, we had one CU card at $15k and other cards in the $3-5k range that we were both on. I had a couple baddies at the time. No idea what our scores were. Just paid off DH's and got mine paid down to below 50%. Smiley Happy

At the same time I got a Lowe's card and was approved for $3k (I think) and did one CLI request and am at $6k (don't remember if I had to ask for something and asked for more and only got $6 or what.). Haven't tried for more. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myjourney that's the way I feel.  It was pretty generic as most of the homes here that are "unique" are either on the water or with much acreage and in the millions.  My thinking has changed from "goodies" to making my house a home.  Equity sounds much better!  Smiley Wink  Thank you. Woman Very Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

TortoiseWins, wow!  Hubby has some good cc's also but I wanted to app for Lowe's since he has others and wants the HD Project card.  His scores are higher so he can go for that one.  I need upgraded appliances and wood flooring.  I'm hoping I can get it reconned to at least 12k for I can do one at a time.  We've been living in HD & Lowe's lately.  

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TortoiseWins, wow!  Hubby has some good cc's also but I wanted to app for Lowe's since he has others and wants the HD Project card.  His scores are higher so he can go for that one.  I need upgraded appliances and wood flooring.  I'm hoping I can get it reconned to at least 12k for I can do one at a time.  We've been living in HD & Lowe's lately.  

Make sure that the stores have the appliances you want before apping. When I said we mostly went with HD for our kitchen, we did for cabinets and labor. But we got our appliances from two other local appliance stores as HD didn't carry what we wanted. 

I'm trying to remember the website that we considered going through that carried all of what we wanted. I THINK it was AJ Madison, but the website is somewhat updated so I wouldn't swear to it. They offered credit, I'm thinking now it's likely through Synchrony (nope, just looked and it's Brandsource through Cit). We went with local relationship on that since we didn't need to carry a balance on everything. But if it was HD vs them, I would have gone with them. 

(side note: I cringe to think of the rewards we passed up when we did the kitchen. And I shudder to think about me on the phone with the appliance stores saying 'put $2000 on this and $1500 on that because my CL's were MUCH smaller two years ago.) GL! 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.