Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot project loan card

tag
althes
Frequent Contributor

Home Depot project loan card

Does anyone have any experience with it, also what score was needed. TU pull here in MA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot project loan card

@althes wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with it, also what score was needed. TU pull here in MA.

EX pull in CA. I was assuming we'd use this for the bulk of our kitchen via HD. We got a $5k limit, joint. Turned around and app'd for the HD (Citi) card (each individually) and DH was given $10k and reconned to $20. I got $10k and stuck. We ended up putting about $2300 onto it. It's fine for what it is, but it obviously couldn't be used for much of a project for us. 

ETA: No idea what our scores were back then. My guess would be mid to high 600's. 

Message 2 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Hi, TortoiseWins!   Would you mind telling me how long ago it was that you applied for the HD Project loan?    I'm sooo tempted to fill in the online app, but am hesitant, as I don't want my scores dinged with a hardpull:  Eq. Fico/720; Trans. Fico 728; Ex. Fico/719. Not great, but okay.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercyMe wrote:

Hi, TortoiseWins!   Would you mind telling me how long ago it was that you applied for the HD Project loan?    I'm sooo tempted to fill in the online app, but am hesitant, as I don't want my scores dinged with a hardpull:  Eq. Fico/720; Trans. Fico 728; Ex. Fico/719. Not great, but okay.

We applied 5/4/14. We ordered our cabinets a week later and we ended up filling the 0% cards first. Like I said, we ended up putting about $2300 on it and I just paid it off last week. 

As you can see in my other post, we found Citi to be much more generous than Greensky (I think that's the name of the loan company). I have had a card with Citi for several years and DH is an authorized user. Don't know how much that helped. 

Message 4 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  My garage door is about to fall down and as we live in a hurricaneville, I want a really good one; but will try with Citi rather than Home Depot, itself.  They've been good to me, and you've been most helpful.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's still thru HD. It's just s card rather than a loan and backed by Citi vs Greensky (or whatever)
Message 6 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to give it a shot, after a dispute clears the credit bureaus.   Thank God there are no hurricanes in sight!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.