Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot, score increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot, score increase

So, after biting all my nails off waiting for the LUV button to appear in my Home Depot account, I decided to go ahead and call for a CLI, because I read in the forums that it's likely my limit is only $1250 because I applied online back in October, and I have never called in.  I asked them to give me a $1250 increase, and I received a $1350 increase, so my total line is now $2600.  It did, however, result in a hard pull, but for that kind of increase I think it's worth it.  So today (1 day later) I got a Scorewatch alert telling me about the inquiry, and stating my score went up 7 points! Weird I think...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sonson
Regular Contributor

Re: Home Depot, score increase

even with the hard inquiry, your score increase because since you received a CLI your utilization on your credit cads went down. that might also be the reason.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sonson wrote:

even with the hard inquiry, your score increase because since you received a CLI your utilization on your credit cads went down. that might also be the reason.

I don't think that's the reason, because I have total credit card limits of about $25,000 and nearly 0% util.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's not the inquiry. It's likely something else that caused that. I once got an alert that my EQ FICO increased 20 points after I added one inquiry. The inquiry didn't do it, but rather a baddie fell off that SW doesn't alert for.

In your case, and with near or 0% util, it's something else. It could be that balances changed. Some have reported score changes even when changing util between 0% and 1%. A few dollars difference in balances can even trigger a change, albeit small. Maybe your AAoA changed or an account aged or hit an anniversary.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.