cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot vs Lowe's - Advice please!!

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Home Depot vs Lowe's - Advice please!!

@ways2go wrote:

HD doesn't have a 5% off when you use their card.  They only do that to match Lowes.  Yes you have to ask for it.

You just contradicted yourself. 

Message 11 of 29
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

LOWE'S! High limits and special 0% financing. Once approved call backdoor number and ask for $35k. Smiley Happy

I was initially approved for $1500 I think. Immediately called and got $12k. Two weeks later bumped to $17k

YUP, I app'd for them got an intitial $3k, called right away and asked for $35k and got it. Plenty enough for a fence right?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

LOWE'S! High limits and special 0% financing. Once approved call backdoor number and ask for $35k. Smiley Happy

I was initially approved for $1500 I think. Immediately called and got $12k. Two weeks later bumped to $17k

YUP, I app'd for them got an intitial $3k, called right away and asked for $35k and got it. Plenty enough for a fence right?

YUP, plenty if they approve me for same amount lol...

I think this deal is different though.  It says "in store only" and purchase has to be over $3500 to be eligible for the 84 month 5.99% fix rate until paid off...upon credit approval. Anyways, i will be going with the wifey this weekend to check it out.

Message 13 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@ways2go wrote:

HD doesn't have a 5% off when you use their card.  They only do that to match Lowes.  Yes you have to ask for it.

Well they do and when HD solicited me to apply, used the 5% as incentive and apparently in the book of T&C, buried the "5% back must be requested on checkout" somewhere requiring a microscope to see. 

Between the the two cards Lowes is clearly the leader and HD the follower. 

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for staying on top of the thread! Lowes visit this weekend for sure.  Hopefully the installation using Lowe wont be much more $$$ lol.  T

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread makes me want to kick myself. I just got approved for 12K Lowes card. I am renovating a new property I bought and just dropped $2700 for the 18 mos 0% deal. I should have bought the new generator I was looking at and got the 84 month deal.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Lowe's Synchrony strictly pull EQ? I'm assuming so but wanted confirmation from some who recently got the card.

I'm tempted to apply becuase of all the glowing reports here, but it will mess up my Barclay's app in 10 days and my app for 2 other major Visa cards if I apply for Lowe's. Would apply after Barclay's but I think they would be unhappy.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Lowe's Synchrony strictly pull EQ? I'm assuming so but wanted confirmation from some who recently got the card.

I'm tempted to apply becuase of all the glowing reports here, but it will mess up my Barclay's app in 10 days and my app for 2 other major Visa cards if I apply for Lowe's. Would apply after Barclay's but I think they would be unhappy.

They almost exclusively pull TU not EQ

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Synchrony has always pulled EQ for me, not TU

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, I currently have inquiries as follows::

EX 8 (5 from 6/2015 - 2 from 5/2015 - 1 from 11/2014)

EQ 5 (2 from 6/2015 - 1 from 5/2015 - 1 from 11/2014)

TU 3  (1 from 6/2015 - 1 from 5/2015 - 1 from 11/2014)

All the November ones are from house shopping

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.