Valued Member
jose06

Home Depot

I opened a Home Depot 18 months ago with an initial credit line of $500. Does any one know what I have to do in order to get some sort of an increase. I've kept the balance relatively low at about $150. This month the bill is gonna close at $0. The only bad thing thats killin me is late payments from this crazy mortgage that I have.
Anyone know what I coild do to get an increase.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Home Depot

IF these lates are recent it's gonna be tough- you are going to need 12 months of clean payments on all accounts.
Regular Contributor
JmeSunday

They do a hard pull when you ask for a CLI, fyi
4/20/09
Me 696 EX, 709 EQ, 739 TU
DH 734 EX, 699 EQ, 758 TU
Valued Member
jose06

They claim that if I use the automated service over the phone it will not be a hard pull. I don't think I'll take that chance. I asked the rep what what happen if I get a hard pull and was told that I was not supposed to get one and if I did I could have it removed, which sounds a little iffy to me.
Regular Contributor
thebostonredsox

Home Depot will definitely do a hard pull for any CLI request. I called in and requested and the CSR assured me that no hard pull would be done. They did not approve my request; the reason was not enough time at my current CL ($5,000).

The next morning I pulled my TU report and sure enough; a hard pull. Showed up as CBUSA.
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

My experience with home depot, has been anytime there was a balance on the account, every 6 months they auto cli. but lates on the account will probably cancel out any cli.
Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Member
alaskan_assassin_07

Homedepot is pretty good about credit limit increases

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+