Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Home Depot

@Anonymous wrote:

HD is generous and frequent with CLI. We opened ours in store when we bought the house two years ago and they gave us $8K out of the gate. The lady I was buying the appliances from commented that it was really good. They have increased it several times and now it's $12,000. We only use it for the no interest promos. Sometimes they'll have the $299 deal for 12 months. You also get good coupons in the mail from it like spend $50 and you can use this $10 card.

+1

Closed on my house in June 08 and immediately got a Home Depot Card. They started me off with 4K and now I'm up to $11,980. Actually, I expect my regular 90 day increase any day now.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Did you app. online if so I think that is the max limit the give. If you call in they may give you a CLI>

I also app'd online and got the 1250 a few days ago.  Would you suggest asking for CLI now or waiting the standard 3 statements?

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, couldn't wait... CLI to 5k  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 24
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Here is an interesting one.

I already had a Home Depot card.  A few months back Home Depot Credit had a pay down your balance deal I was offered.  It was something like for every $ over your minimum payment you make over the next 3 months, they will give you 25% back.  I jumped all over that.  Just received a $250 credit to my account the other day.  I'm guessing they needed some liquid assets so sent that out as a way to get the cash rolling in. 

Another card added to the 0 balance list.  Whoo Hooo.

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 24
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Nice CLI FicoJimmy! Congratulations!!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy crap! Did you just call in and they gave you that?

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bicknar wrote:

Here is an interesting one.

I already had a Home Depot card.  A few months back Home Depot Credit had a pay down your balance deal I was offered.  It was something like for every $ over your minimum payment you make over the next 3 months, they will give you 25% back.  I jumped all over that.  Just received a $250 credit to my account the other day.  I'm guessing they needed some liquid assets so sent that out as a way to get the cash rolling in. 

Another card added to the 0 balance list.  Whoo Hooo.

A

That is interesting.... I have never heard of anyone doing that, but it paid off....

Message 17 of 24
bicknar
Regular Contributor

I know, it was the strangest thing..... But I am NOT complaining.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now if my student loans would do something like that, it would be awesome.... I like fantasy land.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy crap! Did you just call in and they gave you that?

Yeah, just called the CS number on the website.  I had to answer a few security questions, and give them an amount I'd like to be increased to, 20 seconds later I had a new CL.  I haven't even received my card in the mail yet.   I always feel like I should have asked for more when I get approved for my requested amount.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.