Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home again!

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Home again!

This board is a breath of fresh air.  I don't know why I keep forgetting it is here, but from now on, I won't.  There is at least one other board out there (ahem) that is full of people seemingly more interested in getting out of paying their bills than in cultivating good credit.  And they verbally abuse you if you dare question their party line.  This board is awesome because all I ever read about is maintenance of credit or improvement in credit standing.  That's what I'm interested in.  Glad to be back here!

ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Home again!

Now if only I could update my signature I could be a more useful member here and say something that is actually on topic.  I have obtained some small-ish lines of credit recently that others may consider a little "trashy" in the credit world, but I love them nonetheless and hope to have a long and fruitful relatiionship with them (Amazon store card, Paypal Buyer Credit).  I am usually pretty message-board savvy but for some reason could not get my signature to accept more than a few words of text.  Maybe that was a glitch - I'll try again.

Senior Contributor

The Amazon VIsa is arguably the best rewards card Chase currently offers, the only "trashy" part about it is its issuer. Smiley Tongue

What has Paypal Buyer's credit done for you lately?  I had the paypal cc but closed it because poor terms and cs (GE Bank)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I didn't even try to apply for the PP Mastercard.  Strangely, when logging in to my new Paypal account, I was offered the option of applying for the regular Buyer Credit - passed up the opportunity, then went back and bit at the bait.  It's a $700 line and I'm just hoping to build that up with CLIs. 

My husband also opened a new Paypal account (we both had old ones but don't want to use them for various reasons -  mine had previously been embroiled in some fraud which was cleared up but I just wanted to start fresh - partially accomplished - they STILL have not removed the fraudulent e-mail of the criminal(s) in question from being associated with my accounts) and he was offered the chance to apply for the Mastercard so he did and he was shocked that he got it, with a $1,900 line.

That's all they've done for us so far - brand new accounts and we've made small charges on each and just paid the bills.  I think my bill was $25 and I paid just a few dollars over the $10 min. payment.  I always think that issuers like you see you carry a balance for a few months (I don't sweat the $2.00 or so that I may wind up paying in interest.  I'm trying to build history here.)