cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot CLI or Go for Lowes and then CLI with lowes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home depot CLI or Go for Lowes and then CLI with lowes?

Currently i Have a Home Depot account 500.00 limit Smiley Sad...Just closed on my first homeSmiley Happy. Credit scores are at bottom. CU 9%. Wondering if better to go for Home depot increase (hard pull) . Or take the hard pull on Lowes. OR BOTH?? any opinions would be great? Lowes pulls TU. When i opened Home depot 2-pulls EQ and Ex. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home depot CLI or Go for Lowes and then CLI with lowes?

My First Post by the way. Been a "watcher" for some time. I have learned a lot!!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My First Post by the way. Been a "watcher" for some time. I have learned a lot!!Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums.  If you have both stores available my suggestion would be to go for the Lowes card.  The chances of you getting a good CL is much better ultimately with Sync and Lowes.  Upon approval with Lowes, call up Ge So,unions and ask for an increase of whatever CL they gave you initially to $25,000.  If they don't give you that amount, they will counter and this is not another HP.  Many people, including myself, are given very large CLIs when requested.  I was able to raise my initial CL of $300 to $25K in an instant.  Don't be shy in requesting the CLI.  I don't think you would get much if any CLI with Citi and Home Depot.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Rapid response!! Smiley Happy Recently CLI with walmart from 500 to 5000.00 I herd CITI is stingy! lol

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the Rapid response!! Smiley Happy Recently CLI with walmart from 500 to 5000.00 I herd CITI is stingy! lol

Yes, Sync is much more known for sizable CLIs than Citi.  Good luck and congrats on new home.

Message 5 of 15
travisr0
Contributor

Definitely go with the Lowes Card. obtaining a 25K limit down the future will be more feasable as well as doing soft pulls only for CLIs.

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything in particular I should say when calling in? Or is it just yes or no.

Message 7 of 15
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anything in particular I should say when calling in? Or is it just yes or no.

tell them your planing on doing the best home reno ever and need a very large CL to support it. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks !!! I will update results. Hanging on for the 5,000 walmart TL to update. 5 days!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks !!! I will update results. Hanging on for the 5,000 walmart TL to update. 5 days!

Why do you need to wait for that?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.