Reply
Regular Contributor
HELPLESSINFICOLAND
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎10-26-2007

Home depot closed my account.

This morning i got a letter from home depot stating that my account was closed due to delinquent credit obligation(s) either paid or unpaid. the delinquency on my report is over 2 years old. im pissed because i love this store and use the card alot and i havent had any late pays in over two years. it also states that i can send them a current copy of my credit report and they may reverse their decision. This collection was on my report when the card was opened. i called the number on the card and they told me that the information used to close my account (delinquency ) had to be less than a year old. Should i even bother to send the copy of my credit report or just let it go? has anyone had any luck with getting them to reverse their decision. They used equifax in their decision so i can get a copy without trouble. Does closed by grantor look bad during manuel overview, im thinking about applying for a mortgage next year.  


Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Wolf3
Posts: 3,198
Registered: ‎01-24-2010

Re: Home depot closed my account.

I would send in the report for a review since you like the store, want the card, and it will probably succeed.

 

 

Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy
Posts: 1,385
Registered: ‎03-11-2009

Re: Home depot closed my account.

IMO, I wouldn't give HD  the time of day.  Lowes is a far better company if you have them in your area. 

FICOS
TU 802 7/11/14
EX 797 7/6/14
EQ 748 7/10/14

Cash+ 19.5 / Amex 16.5 / US Bank loc 15k / Chase Freedom 10.6k
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009

Re: Home depot closed my account.

 


HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote:

This morning i got a letter from home depot stating that my account was closed due to delinquent credit obligation(s) either paid or unpaid. the delinquency on my report is over 2 years old. im pissed because i love this store and use the card alot and i havent had any late pays in over two years. it also states that i can send them a current copy of my credit report and they may reverse their decision. This collection was on my report when the card was opened. i called the number on the card and they told me that the information used to close my account (delinquency ) had to be less than a year old. Should i even bother to send the copy of my credit report or just let it go? has anyone had any luck with getting them to reverse their decision. They used equifax in their decision so i can get a copy without trouble. Does closed by grantor look bad during manuel overview, im thinking about applying for a mortgage next year.  


 

At one time (In a galaxy far, far away) the notation of "closed by credit grantor" carried a negative connotation but these days it won't matter.

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Regular Contributor
HELPLESSINFICOLAND
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎10-26-2007

Re: Home depot closed my account.

Thanks for the replies and semper fi marine vet, i am also a marine vet:smileytongue:. i got my free report from equifax on line and it looks completely different from my report here on my fico. one example is on my fico a closed account is reading current status 120 days past due, on my equifax. com report, the same account  reads status open but nothing about the account being 120 days past due.  This was a collection from 3 years ago that has been paid off. Also on my equifax.com report reads no new inquiries for the past 12 months when i know that i have several. IT IS REALLY COMFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DISPUTE, BECAUSE BOTH ARE INCORRECT. tHE ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS OPEN(EQUIFAX.COM) AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE CURRENT STATUS120 PAST DUE(my fico.com) . any advice or am i thread jacking myself?  


Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009

Re: Home depot closed my account.

 


HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote:

Thanks for the replies and semper fi marine vet, i am also a marine vet:smileytongue:. i got my free report from equifax on line and it looks completely different from my report here on my fico. one example is on my fico a closed account is reading current status 120 days past due, on my equifax. com report, the same account  reads status open but nothing about the account being 120 days past due.  This was a collection from 3 years ago that has been paid off. Also on my equifax.com report reads no new inquiries for the past 12 months when i know that i have several. IT IS REALLY COMFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DISPUTE, BECAUSE BOTH ARE INCORRECT. tHE ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS OPEN(EQUIFAX.COM) AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE CURRENT STATUS120 PAST DUE(my fico.com) . any advice or am i thread jacking myself?  


Unlike some of the egos around here I'm not afraid to admit I don't know something.  :smileyhappy:

 

I'm not sure what your next move should be.

 

 

Semper Fi

Regular Contributor
Macroman
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎05-17-2008

Re: Home depot closed my account.

 


marinevietvet wrote:

 


HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote:

Thanks for the replies and semper fi marine vet, i am also a marine vet:smileytongue:. i got my free report from equifax on line and it looks completely different from my report here on my fico. one example is on my fico a closed account is reading current status 120 days past due, on my equifax. com report, the same account  reads status open but nothing about the account being 120 days past due.  This was a collection from 3 years ago that has been paid off. Also on my equifax.com report reads no new inquiries for the past 12 months when i know that i have several. IT IS REALLY COMFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DISPUTE, BECAUSE BOTH ARE INCORRECT. tHE ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS OPEN(EQUIFAX.COM) AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE CURRENT STATUS120 PAST DUE(my fico.com) . any advice or am i thread jacking myself?  


Unlike some of the egos around here I'm not afraid to admit I don't know something.  :smileyhappy:

 

I'm not sure what your next move should be.

 

 

Semper Fi

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest the inaccurate information. Write EQUIFAX and explain what is inaccurate. Chances are you will get this straightened out easily but if the grantor doesn't agree to the correction you could need to prove your point with evidence of payments. In extreme cases you might need to sue the inaccurate CCC or CRAs.

 

Do not take this likely, it is doing serious damage to your reputation until it is corrected. 

Valued Member
sirron
Posts: 28
Registered: ‎02-02-2010

Re: Home depot closed my account.

I called home depot during my lunch to inquire if they have a home project loan anymore and they don't. Then I talk to the csr about my apr on the card and she told me my card was closed, **bleep**!! She said something on the credit report that wasn't there when I got my card was the determining factor for the close. Never mind that I paid off $1300 earlier this month and I was never late with their card, and would frequent that store exclusively over the last year since I had this card. I need to finish my basement and spend $10000 in the next six months. I am furious with them. only thing I could think that happened was I disputed something with experian and it changed my account, oh well. Hello Lowe's and Menanrd's


Starting Score: 647
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
smc733
Posts: 1,262
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: Home depot closed my account.

Didn't all the HD cards just got bought from Citi by GE Capital?  They're probably trying to reduce the amount of credit.

Valued Member
sirron
Posts: 28
Registered: ‎02-02-2010

Re: Home depot closed my account.

Just looked at my experian Credit report and a bill that I PIF was suppose to be deleted off of TU appreared for the first time on my Experian. this is weird.


Starting Score: 647
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+