cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot closed my account.

Regular Contributor

Home depot closed my account.

This morning i got a letter from home depot stating that my account was closed due to delinquent credit obligation(s) either paid or unpaid. the delinquency on my report is over 2 years old. im pissed because i love this store and use the card alot and i havent had any late pays in over two years. it also states that i can send them a current copy of my credit report and they may reverse their decision. This collection was on my report when the card was opened. i called the number on the card and they told me that the information used to close my account (delinquency ) had to be less than a year old. Should i even bother to send the copy of my credit report or just let it go? has anyone had any luck with getting them to reverse their decision. They used equifax in their decision so i can get a copy without trouble. Does closed by grantor look bad during manuel overview, im thinking about applying for a mortgage next year.  


Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Home depot closed my account.

I would send in the report for a review since you like the store, want the card, and it will probably succeed.

 

 

Message 2 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Home depot closed my account.

IMO, I wouldn't give HD  the time of day.  Lowes is a far better company if you have them in your area. 

FICO 08
TU 839 11/11/17
EX 833 11/11/17
EQ 837 11/12/17
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 42k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 5/15
Message 3 of 14
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Home depot closed my account.

 


HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote:

This morning i got a letter from home depot stating that my account was closed due to delinquent credit obligation(s) either paid or unpaid. the delinquency on my report is over 2 years old. im pissed because i love this store and use the card alot and i havent had any late pays in over two years. it also states that i can send them a current copy of my credit report and they may reverse their decision. This collection was on my report when the card was opened. i called the number on the card and they told me that the information used to close my account (delinquency ) had to be less than a year old. Should i even bother to send the copy of my credit report or just let it go? has anyone had any luck with getting them to reverse their decision. They used equifax in their decision so i can get a copy without trouble. Does closed by grantor look bad during manuel overview, im thinking about applying for a mortgage next year.  


 

At one time (In a galaxy far, far away) the notation of "closed by credit grantor" carried a negative connotation but these days it won't matter.

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 14
Regular Contributor

Re: Home depot closed my account.

Thanks for the replies and semper fi marine vet, i am also a marine vetSmiley Tongue. i got my free report from equifax on line and it looks completely different from my report here on my fico. one example is on my fico a closed account is reading current status 120 days past due, on my equifax. com report, the same account  reads status open but nothing about the account being 120 days past due.  This was a collection from 3 years ago that has been paid off. Also on my equifax.com report reads no new inquiries for the past 12 months when i know that i have several. IT IS REALLY COMFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DISPUTE, BECAUSE BOTH ARE INCORRECT. tHE ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS OPEN(EQUIFAX.COM) AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE CURRENT STATUS120 PAST DUE(my fico.com) . any advice or am i thread jacking myself?  


Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Home depot closed my account.

 


HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote:

Thanks for the replies and semper fi marine vet, i am also a marine vetSmiley Tongue. i got my free report from equifax on line and it looks completely different from my report here on my fico. one example is on my fico a closed account is reading current status 120 days past due, on my equifax. com report, the same account  reads status open but nothing about the account being 120 days past due.  This was a collection from 3 years ago that has been paid off. Also on my equifax.com report reads no new inquiries for the past 12 months when i know that i have several. IT IS REALLY COMFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DISPUTE, BECAUSE BOTH ARE INCORRECT. tHE ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS OPEN(EQUIFAX.COM) AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE CURRENT STATUS120 PAST DUE(my fico.com) . any advice or am i thread jacking myself?  


Unlike some of the egos around here I'm not afraid to admit I don't know something.  Smiley Happy

 

I'm not sure what your next move should be.

 

 

Semper Fi

Message 6 of 14
Regular Contributor

Re: Home depot closed my account.

 


marinevietvet wrote:

 


HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote:

Thanks for the replies and semper fi marine vet, i am also a marine vetSmiley Tongue. i got my free report from equifax on line and it looks completely different from my report here on my fico. one example is on my fico a closed account is reading current status 120 days past due, on my equifax. com report, the same account  reads status open but nothing about the account being 120 days past due.  This was a collection from 3 years ago that has been paid off. Also on my equifax.com report reads no new inquiries for the past 12 months when i know that i have several. IT IS REALLY COMFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DISPUTE, BECAUSE BOTH ARE INCORRECT. tHE ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS OPEN(EQUIFAX.COM) AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE CURRENT STATUS120 PAST DUE(my fico.com) . any advice or am i thread jacking myself?  


Unlike some of the egos around here I'm not afraid to admit I don't know something.  Smiley Happy

 

I'm not sure what your next move should be.

 

 

Semper Fi

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest the inaccurate information. Write EQUIFAX and explain what is inaccurate. Chances are you will get this straightened out easily but if the grantor doesn't agree to the correction you could need to prove your point with evidence of payments. In extreme cases you might need to sue the inaccurate CCC or CRAs.

 

Do not take this likely, it is doing serious damage to your reputation until it is corrected. 

Message 7 of 14
Valued Member

Re: Home depot closed my account.

I called home depot during my lunch to inquire if they have a home project loan anymore and they don't. Then I talk to the csr about my apr on the card and she told me my card was closed, **bleep**!! She said something on the credit report that wasn't there when I got my card was the determining factor for the close. Never mind that I paid off $1300 earlier this month and I was never late with their card, and would frequent that store exclusively over the last year since I had this card. I need to finish my basement and spend $10000 in the next six months. I am furious with them. only thing I could think that happened was I disputed something with experian and it changed my account, oh well. Hello Lowe's and Menanrd's


Starting Score: 647
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Home depot closed my account.

Didn't all the HD cards just got bought from Citi by GE Capital?  They're probably trying to reduce the amount of credit.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 9 of 14
Valued Member

Re: Home depot closed my account.

Just looked at my experian Credit report and a bill that I PIF was suppose to be deleted off of TU appreared for the first time on my Experian. this is weird.


Starting Score: 647
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14