Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Home depot vs. lowes

[ Edited ]

I just got a malier for Home Depot.   PREAPPROVED  (to apply)

Some good 0% deffered interest 6 to 18 months based on amount of purchase, by 10/15/2012

I may give it a try.

Regular Contributor
Scope27

After I closed on my home I was denied from lowes with a 662 TU score in december.  Reapp'd in May denied again with similar score.  I decided to try HD and was approved for a $500 cl.  I did minor purchases on it and asked for a CLI two weeks ago.  They increased my limit to 2750 with an HP (don't really bother me that they did a hard pull since they increased my limit).  I also have two GECRB cards and Lowes just doesn't budge with me.  Now HD gets all my business and I am about to spend a good chunk on fencing product since they are holding a 0% promo for 18 months right now.

Contributor
mygoal750

I have both cards, got them 2 years ago.  I've used both for the 0% financing offers.  From the financing side, I haven't seen much difference in either.  But, service in the store has me going to Lowe's more often than HD.  I think my Lowe's started @ $2500, and is now at $8000, with both auto CLIs and requested ones.  HD started @ $1500 and is now at $7000 - with both auto CLIs and requested.  Both stores do their extended 0% financing around holidays..either 18 or 24 months.  With Labor Day this week-end, both have financing promotions going.  Next holiday will be Columbus Day.  So, I've always planned my big purchases (appliances, building materials, etc) around those promotions.  And, I do like the 5% off in the store when using the Lowe's card.  I think both will grow with you.....as I recall, i got my auto CLIs when I was carrying a balance.

Super Contributor
CS800

I use both HD and Lowes but I bought some flooring for my rennovation and got the promotional offer from Lowes 0% for 12 months.

It has been good to me since I buy in NH where there is not sales tax so I get the full 5% discount until i discoverd the 10% mil discount :smileyhappy:

HD doesnt do these programs.

Jp2slow

Well I called the backdoor number and they gave me a cli to 5000 . I probably should of asked for more but hell Im happy that my highest credit limit. The same day I did research and felt lucky and applied to a chase freedom which I also got  with a Cl of 2000. I've been working on my credit like crazy  to fix my credit and I'm finally seeing the rewards . I was around a 560 4 years ago with just ugly credit . This year I bought my first house and now getting nice credit cards . Befor e this all I had was 2 cap1 cards with 500 and 300 limit . Then the dreaded orchard with 300 .  This site has helped a lot so thank you !

Established Contributor
bamagirl1

CS800 wrote:

Lowes should be easier to get since it;s a GE card. I have both close to my house but prefer lowes since with the card, you get he 5% off.

But with my military ID, I get 10% at Lowes.

I would agree with you that HD is harder to get. I have personally never tried for one.

CS800-

I've always wondered but forgot to ask..did they give you the 10% off with Military ID PLUS 5% with the card??

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}