Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honest Opinions needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honest Opinions needed

Yes. I see where Coastal FCU gave a person $5000 CL with EQ of 607. Doesn't mean you will. This would help you and LEAVE the sub-prime card alone. Many people fail to use credit unions because they don't believe the can join. Join and refinance your car loan with then at a lower rate - 7.99%. Do you have military ties - navy or marine corp?

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 03-09-2008 02:28 PM
Message 11 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I applied for the Hooters MC this week after reading the success stories.
I got a $500 limit. Maybe they will increase me later. 
I just really need to get rid of this card I've had since 6/07. Continential Finance! $12.00 monthly fee and I have NO balance! I'm sure the intrest is just as bad.Served it's purpose, now it's time to say bye-bye!
I need to cancel my credit repair @ $79.00 a month but it seems to be working!!
I have outstanding

WellsFargo 12K balance opened 6/2004 28K 
1st Prem. Visa 300 cl PIF every month opened 6/2007
OB MC 300cl PIF every month opened 6/2007
Cont. Fin. 400 cl 0 balance (100 cli) opened 6/2007

That WAS it untill this week!!

Macys approved 100 cl  Did you ap online?  If so CALL THEM, once you're verified they will up your limit!!!!
Hooters MC 500 cl no card yet
Target Red 200 cl ( LOVE Target)  You should see an increase after a few months.
Texaco approved but no card yet
Toyota Financial (new car today) 28K  Congratulations!

I am really trying to get it all together for a mortgage in 6-8 months.
Is this enough to get my scores up & where they need to be for a good rate?  Getting VERY CLOSE!  I've heard that 680 will get you a VERY GOOD INTEREST RATE!

F.Y.I.  I recently app'd for Macy's, Target and Kays....lost ONE POINT, but gained 6-10 for paying ontime.    You have enough cards for now...let them age.  Get rid of that $79/monthly debt and apply that toward something else.  Join a CU and try to get one of their products, your scores are good enough.

Message Edited by fishbjc on 03-09-2008 03:31 PM
Message 12 of 18
Bethm1026
Contributor

Thanks All!! I have my app saved for Coastal Fed CU. I have no ties to any other CU that I can tell.
My app spree is DONE!!
FYI........I called Macys today. The guy I spoke witth said that they do cli reviews every so often. AARRGGHH......oh well, I can buy some towels and just pay at cs after I swipe the card. Oh well, I don't go to Macys to often but $100 at a time keeps me away from those great purses I so love!
But I did see some great shoes on sale online : )

No milt. ties at all, no state or fed either! Wait, I think my gf was in the navy! Does that count??
Do I have to know all his info?   
10/2007 TU 545 EX 538 EQ 529
2/2008 TU 628 EX 608 EQ 587
3/2008 TU 636 EX 627 EQ 613
4/2008 TU 637 EX 618 EQ 621
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beth,
The current NFCU member have to be your family, siblings, relatives ... not just a friend.  They don't have to be an active / retired military, they also working on base as GS or contract civilian worker.

NFCU is advertising on the TV and radio but they don't accept new member other than I mentioned in above.
Message 14 of 18
Bethm1026
Contributor

Sorry.......gf = grandfather
I forgot it could mean so much more  
10/2007 TU 545 EX 538 EQ 529
2/2008 TU 628 EX 608 EQ 587
3/2008 TU 636 EX 627 EQ 613
4/2008 TU 637 EX 618 EQ 621
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the credit repair for 79 dollars a month?

Chuck
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You still have an option with Fort Bragg FCU even though you have no military ties. They have an association you can join. It seems to me the military cu have the best products for its members.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry too... I automatically took it as Girl Friend.

Ok, your Grandpa was in the Navy ...
Did he retired?  Does he a member of NFCU?    If so, you are eligible to become a member!
If he got out instead retire and is not a member of NFCU ...  Sorry ... you are not eligible.
But wait, Do you live around the any of Navy base?   If so this is what you can do ... get a job on base even part time.  Then you become an eligible.   If not ... find a partner who have ID issued by Navy Base Pass Section  Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.