Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooter's Denial

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Hooter's Denial

@Anonymous wrote:
Are they charging you for 8 inquiries for mtg. shopping? I thought that should only count as 1. Anyone?????? What time frame did you shop?

The 8 inquiries are going to display, even though they are counted as one for scoring purposes. (This is one of the differences between report issues vs scoring issues.)

Sometimes a CC will deny for too many recent inqs, when they were for a car loan or mortgage. When that happens, you should call up for a recon. Move to a supervisor if necessary. Someone there ought to understand that 8 inqs for one house are very different from 8 inqs for 8 different cards. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters recently changed their underwriting standards and will deny anyone who has gotten a new mortgage since 12/31/2004.  There are several threads about it.  I'll see if I can find a few.

Edit: Found a couple, anyway.

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-17-2008 05:45 PM
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone? Under any circumstances?
Message 13 of 20
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

I got a denial when I applied online, when they sent the letter all it said is that I have to write them for the specific reasons I was denied if I want to know. Huh? I thought the purppose of them sending a denial letter is to tell you why they denied your application.
Message 14 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Some other companies are doing this, too. I think that they're trying to cut down on the number of reconsiderations they get by simply wearing out the consumers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

beenthere wrote:
Anyone? Under any circumstances?

Yes, that is my understanding.

Message 16 of 20
aer7372
Valued Member

I was told the same thing to when I called for recon.  The lady told me it doesn't matter what my credit is there is nothing she could do.  I said so does that mean that I can never get a card with you.  She said things might change in a few years.  I think it's kinda crazy
Message 17 of 20
davidboca
Contributor

If that is the case, then perhaps they should put notice of not issuing credit to recent mortgage clients on their marketing materials, place a disclaimer, or use any other reasonable method of their choice to better make the unsuspecting prospective applicant aware of this unusual underwritting descision. Wasted inquiries hurt in more ways than just points off the myFico reports. Being made a fool of, hurts much more! Especially when Hooters has enjoyed a fine reputation for issuing cards to those with less than perfect credit.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't buy it. Credit card companys are trying to make a buck. I can't see a company making blanket throw aways of say +720 fico scores 20 year historys for a mortgage that might cut into somebodys net by 30%. That makes them not only stupid but broadcast that they really are not interested in making money. There's got to be more to it, much more. 
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Mortgage a year ago. On 4/2007, so I saw that Hooters was denying people with recent mortgages. I applied with them on 5/8/2008; I was thinking no card for me. But I got home yesterday to see a nice Hooters card waiting for me. $500 CL and a $48 AF but hey I wont complain, hopefully they give good CLI. So in my case they are still giving people with new mortgages CCs.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.