Established Member
scotay1

Hooter's MC and Best Buy

Hi everyone....I applied for a Hooter's MC last week and got the denial email saying I wasn't approved.  I get my mail today, and there it is...a Hooter's MC with a $1750 cl...has this happened to anyone?  Nice surprise anyway!  Also, I applied for a BB cc and from the looks of it, HSBC did 2 inq. for this app.  One on 2/3 and one on 2/4??? I only applied once!  I got 2 denial letters in the mail today from HSBC for the BB cc and the reason??..too many inq.!!  Can I dispute 1 of them?  Thanks!
New Contributor
orky626

Re: Hooter's MC and Best Buy

I hear that happens a lot with regard to the Hooters MC.  I applied online, was denied.  Called backdoor and my card arrived the next week.....

Starting Score: 467
Current Score: 598
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

Re: Hooter's MC and Best Buy

[ Edited ]

HSBC's Household (sub-prime) unit is struggling right now. They are likely going out of their way to DENY new applications.

An investor has even advised them to let Household go BANKRUPT, rather than accepting bailout funds. 

Message Edited by pazuzu on 02-10-2009 12:57 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}