Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooter's MC

tag
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Hooter's MC

So I've had this card with a $300 limit for all of 3-4 months now. Put a $280 balance on and been paying $20 a month since.

I see on True Credit today they closed the account with reason of Too many cards opened recently.

This ever happened with anyone? lol

I mean sheesh.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Hooter's MC

@xkaosx wrote:

So I've had this card with a $300 limit for all of 3-4 months now. Put a $280 balance on and been paying $20 a month since.

I see on True Credit today they closed the account with reason of Too many cards opened recently.

This ever happened with anyone? lol

I mean sheesh.

A few things that may have made them nervous is the fact you maxed out the card immediately and are making such low payments on the card, you also appear to be apping too heavily for their taste. If you have recently obtained a mortgage, they are quick to close for that very reason.

How many apps have you made recently? Are you in the process of rebuilding? Where did you get your scores? Can't be fico (at least for ex) because you can no longer get EX fico scores. What kind of baddies are in your cr report?

These are all questions that need answered in order to help you better.

Message 2 of 6
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that they closed your account.  Smiley SadI just opened one with them a couple of months ago myself.  have you called csr? Somehow it doesn't seem fair to close the account if you were making your payments on time even it was the minimum payment.
Message 3 of 6
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Ive had some inquiries on trying to buy a car but the only "new" i can see is a Walmart card, Care Credit, and Capital One. 

I could have easily paid the Hooters balance off but was just paying the minimum.

I will be calling them today to find out exactly why but who knows.

I guess I really dont need the card- was just kinda weird to me.

Ive been doing the rebuilding thing and have a lot of new stuff in the last year but nothing is late on anything

Im still employed so I guess I just dont get it

meh

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me, the only difference is that I have had this card since April of this year, I used the card one time for 36.00 (at Hooters by the way)

I received a letter in the mail stating that they had closed my account due to too many new accounts.  I have the exact same accounts I did when I opened the account with them.  Nothing has changed on my report.  Longs story short, I called their credit department last Friday to ask why they had closed my account and they said that it due to information found on my TU report.  I told the rep that I am looking at my credit report right now and my credit is excellent...so she goes to speak to her supervisor and comes back on the line and asks me if I would mind faxing them my credit report.  I faxed it and now I am waiting to hear back from them.  

Message 5 of 6
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@xkaosx wrote:

Ive had some inquiries on trying to buy a car but the only "new" i can see is a Walmart card, Care Credit, and Capital One. 

I could have easily paid the Hooters balance off but was just paying the minimum.

I will be calling them today to find out exactly why but who knows.

I guess I really dont need the card- was just kinda weird to me.

Ive been doing the rebuilding thing and have a lot of new stuff in the last year but nothing is late on anything

Im still employed so I guess I just dont get it

meh

From what I've read they get nervous when they see multiple new accounts. I would bet this is why it closed. A lot of people had their accounts close due to getting a mortgage, so they are a bit on the wonky side.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.