Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters.... Approved!

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Hooters.... Approved!

Yes, yes, I am fully aware its Hooters big whoop but its my FIRST card in over 2 years! Its been a long time and the fact that I am at this point to be approved makes me happy!!!!!!!! $300 limit is better than no limit at all. I hope to have a little score boost since this will be my only cc. Hopefully next month I will get a secured credit card from my CU. This is once I pay off my last two medical bills that are listed on my credit reports. Also, I am only a few months shy of paying off my old AmEx card through their OASIS program.

Slowly but surely I will be where I NEED to be as far as credit!!!!!!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Hooters.... Approved!

Congrats aquatic 1.  Isn't it a great feeling when lenders begin to see you as someone in whom they can place their trust.  It won't be long now and you'll be apping for (and receiving), approvals from the majors.

Keep up the good work . . .  . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news!!!

It feels good, doesn't it? You should be proud, as you're well on your way to building a long and solid credit history. Keep up the good work.

Message 3 of 9
aquatic1
Established Contributor

It really does feel good to finally have a positive response from a ccc.  I was so nervous when I hit the submit button and got the 7-10 day message.  But it worked out.  At this point I really am on the waiting game with the continuation of my credit repair.  GW's are not going well but I will hit PFB again for sending my letter to Unque collection to request their tradeline be deleted.  I am on letter number 4.  I will wear them down eventually!

thank you both for the encouragement!

I also just realized that Hooters pulled TU but I did not get a decrease in score due to the inquiry.... 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval..
Message 5 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

To the OP....what were your scroes on approval and who did they pull?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 9
aquatic1
Established Contributor

My scores are in my signature.  They pulled TU on July 4th.  The changes to my report are still not showing but on that date these were my scores.  I am in NYS if that matters.

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Message 7 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

My scores are in my signature.  They pulled TU on July 4th.  The changes to my report are still not showing but on that date these were my scores.  I am in NYS if that matters.

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Any baddies on your report?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Message 8 of 9
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I have lots of bad things on my report.  CA's both paid and unpaid (these CA's are not going along with my program), CO's that are paid and they also are not going with my program.  Also I have one civil judgment that has been paid for two years and I am just waiting for the 5-year NYS reporting kicks in.  i have lots of student loans that are all showing as positives as well as four credits cards that I closed and they are still reporting as positives.

Once I pay these last CA's I am going to blitz them all with more GW letter until they all fall in line! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.