Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters Card to Merrick Bank credit inquiry

tag
beachbum33
New Contributor

Hooters Card to Merrick Bank credit inquiry

Did anyone else get a hard pull with the switch of cards, checked CK and found this, Hooters card was less than 2 years old so hope it's dated to opening and not sitting for the next 2 years as I've been gardening since May.

The following inquiries have been added and removed since your last score update on Jun 11, 2012:

Lender:   Industry: Inquiry Date: Status:

1. MERRICK BANK BankJun 25, 2012Added
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Hooters Card to Merrick Bank credit inquiry

Was that a credit karma alert? If so I think its wrong I got one too but in truth there was no new hp just a change of the names

Message 2 of 12
beachbum33
New Contributor

Yes it was a CK alert, so it's just a name change and will drop off in 8 months?

Message 3 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@beachbum33 wrote:

Yes it was a CK alert, so it's just a name change and will drop off in 8 months?

I belive it should because on my usaa report it showed the orignal date and just the name change

Message 4 of 12
linux007969
Established Contributor

I applied for a hooters card almost 2 years ago and today credit karma showed Hooters Card was removed and Merric Bank was added, hopefully Merrick Bank falls off soon, or should i do something about this?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 5 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I applied for a hooters card almost 2 years ago and today credit karma showed Hooters Card was removed and Merric Bank was added, hopefully Merrick Bank falls off soon, or should i do something about this?

I think its a system glitch at CreditKarma

Message 6 of 12
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

I had Hooters removed, Merrick added and then they both disappeard!  Anyone else have this?  Hopefully it will reappear next reported statement date.  It hurt my score as it was perfect payment and low balance.  I really need it back lol

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tammyjk wrote:

I had Hooters removed, Merrick added and then they both disappeard!  Anyone else have this?  Hopefully it will reappear next reported statement date.  It hurt my score as it was perfect payment and low balance.  I really need it back lol

Glad I'm not the only one. The same thing happened to me.

Message 8 of 12
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

You may want to check your online statements as well.  Last month my statement came out on the 12th and then it is showing another on the 20th.  Get this, the one on the 20th had a due date of the 29th.  I'm sure it's some kind of glitch.  I just happen to have paid the balance off on the 29th so I won't have to deal with that part of it. 

Message 9 of 12
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

When I pulled true credit report, I saw that I had a closed acct.  Of course it was Hooters.  My score dropped 9 pts. Grrrrr.   I called a Merrick representitive and he told me everything would be transferred as it was, when my new statement cuts on July 8th.   Im hoping that the new info reflects the years that I have had this card AND that my score returns to what it was.  Its very frustrating to work hard and have everything perfect and then wham, a score drop for something I no control over.  For those of you who had the Hooters info dropped and then Merrick come on and then drop.... pleasse post if and when it gets fixed.    Oh, and what timing, I'm in the process of buying a home too!!!!!!

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.