Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters MC FYI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters MC FYI

From the link on hooters.com:

Our credit application is temporarily unavailable as we update our system.

We expect to start taking applications again on April 1, 2010. Please re-visit us then.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters MC FYI

Yea, it's been that way for over a month now. I hope when the system is back they haven't tightened up their approval system.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters, not just the financial branch but all of Hooters is in financial hot water. I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I used my hooters account a bunch until it went from 14% to 27% interest. It's paid off but sees very litle action just on principle alone.

Message 3 of 15
moonman
Frequent Contributor

In Febuary 2010, it was revealed that Hooters was for sale and that it could sale for 250 million.

Message 4 of 15
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

250 mil . . . . . for HOOTERS? . . . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 15
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

What would that do to people who have CC's?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good question and ya know what? I'm tired of having these kinds of questions. I have 5 cards and here is how I am forced to think of them.

Target: Got it because they convert to VISA (doess't happen afterall) stuck at $200 so I can never use it for utl concerns.

Best Buy: Got it to get in on a sale for couldn't land enough TL rendering it useless as Best Buy is the highest priced electronics in the business and HSBS has the highest interest rates in the business. Useless again

Hooters: Keeps giving me CLI but jumped from %14 to 27% and I fear I'll try to rent a car 1000 miles from home and the card/Company will be bust. (He said hooters would be bust). Humor aside, ya never know if Hooters will be there one day to the next.

Ritz Camera/GEMB: doesn't sell products that people want or are too expensive. Highest trade line but they are going to yank my card for non-useage.

Juniper: My best card but they run so scared that if I aply for a better card they are likely to yank my account for having too much trade line.

I'm going CREDIT UNION, CREDIT UNION, CREDIT UNION and let all those Titanics sink.

Message 7 of 15
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

beenthere,

I am just coming up on 6mths and waiting to see if I will get a CLI. I never carry a balance so I hope that I get a good increase. What kind of increases are they giving you when they give them?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

$300 at 7 months I think it was. And $300 each CLI thereafter until recently when I stopped seeing them.

Message 9 of 15
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going CREDIT UNION, CREDIT UNION, CREDIT UNION and let all those Titanics sink.

Very good plan.  In today's credit climate, CU's seem to be more stable, give higher CL's / CLI's, and generally, are more interested in the financial success of their members.

It looks like your scores are good enough to qualify for some serious love from CU's.

Good Luck

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.