Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters MasterCard Going Away being replaced by Merrick Visa

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Hooters MasterCard Going Away being replaced by Merrick Visa

Well this was my only Master Card is now  its being replaced by Visa  Recieved a letter today saying that I will be recieving a new Merrick Bank Visa to replace my Hooters MasterCard and everything else is suppose  to remain the same except I will have a new account number

*Edit I guess I was wrong I do have  another MAsterCard, my Cap 1

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Hooters MasterCard Going Away being replaced by Merrick Visa

@john398 wrote:

Well this was my only Master Card is now  its being replaced by Visa  Recieved a letter today saying that I will be recieving a new Merrick Bank Visa to replace my Hooters MasterCard and everything else is suppose  to remain the same except I will have a new account number

*Edit I guess I was wrong I do have  another MAsterCard, my Cap 1

Well I guess they finally axed it ~ over the past year they stopped taking apps for the Hooters Card, and ended the rewards program too.   As far as I can tell Hooters isn't replacing Merrick with another bank, they are just ending their CC program altogether.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Will it have rewards?
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 28
SanityKills
New Contributor

Good for you! It used to be so embarrassing having to pull out that card in my building days.

CreditKarma TU: 680 | Credit.com EX: 668 | Equifax EQ: 671 | Credit Sesame Simulated FICO: 736
Citi Platinum Select: ($6900), Chase Freedom ($3500), Amex BCE ($5000), Amex CLEAR ($6000), Barclaycard Ring ($2800), Barclay Rewards MC ($2500), CareCredit ($4100), Kohls ($1000) | UTL: 3.14%
Message 4 of 28
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Well I am in the middle of building a house and really don't need it to look like I opened a new card right now.  It is one of my older cards of course.  Can't wait to see what it does to my AAOA and score.  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 28
john398
Senior Contributor

@Smarter wrote:

Well I am in the middle of building a house and really don't need it to look like I opened a new card right now.  It is one of my older cards of course.  Can't wait to see what it does to my AAOA and score.  Smiley Sad

When I called they told me it will have the same open date so will not look like a new card

I am not sure if it will have any rewards did not sound like it

Message 6 of 28
swpopham
Established Contributor

I called and asked about having no hooters points anymore. They said no pc... so we closed the card after a 49$ fee showed up. First time in 5 years. Told them close it. No retention efforts
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 7 of 28
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Oh great!  Thanks for posting that!  I feel a little better.  I just saved the letter in case the underwriter wants it down the road.  I remember when my Walmart card switched to the Walmart Discover, I lost some points.  Hopefully this won't make much difference.

Message 8 of 28
john398
Senior Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
I called and asked about having no hooters points anymore. They said no pc... so we closed the card after a 49$ fee showed up. First time in 5 years. Told them close it. No retention efforts

Wow thats a big fee, I have no annual fee

Message 9 of 28
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

Just got my letter as well Smiley Sad  But on the bright side, I checked my account and they gave me 350 cli.  I hope it does show the same open date ect.  I would hate to lose points over a Hooters card..geeeez  I am betting that my regular cli's will go bye bye too.  I was getting used to them. I am just re-reading this letter and it says we will be getting new account numbers.  They will have to show the old ones as closed correct?  I dont think that can be good for a score.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.