Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters Mastercard Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters Mastercard Approved!

Man, I've been wanting a hooter's card since I've been on the forums this past Feb.  I'll have to wait for this dang mortgage to close 1st.

Congrats on the card and your path to great credit.

Message 11 of 14
torry590
Regular Contributor

From what I have read here. You better do it before your mortgage reports.

They are very skittish when it comes to "new" mortages (anything under 2 years old)

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Also remember that Hooters (the card, anyway) isn't what it used to be.

When it first came out, they were accepting all sorts of scores and giving great CL's and CLI's. Once they had enough cardholders, I suppose, they started tightening up something fierce. And this was before the bank crashes.

I would think that if you qualify for a mortgage, you could do a lot better. A credit union card or Cap One, maybe.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

I got my hooters card in 8/08, 1 year ago, with a $500 CL.  I logged on today to see a $200 CLI. Not much compared to what they used to give, but I'll certainly take it!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.