Frequent Contributor
lessons_learned

Re: Hooters Mastercard Approved!

Man, I've been wanting a hooter's card since I've been on the forums this past Feb.  I'll have to wait for this dang mortgage to close 1st.

Congrats on the card and your path to great credit.

Where I was 8/22/08 TU 581 EQ 554 EX 615
Where I am 7/30/09 EX 737 (FAKO) EQ 689 TU 745
Can't wait to see what my scores will be when all my accounts hit the 1 year mark!
Valued Member
torry590

From what I have read here. You better do it before your mortgage reports.

They are very skittish when it comes to "new" mortages (anything under 2 years old)

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Also remember that Hooters (the card, anyway) isn't what it used to be.

When it first came out, they were accepting all sorts of scores and giving great CL's and CLI's. Once they had enough cardholders, I suppose, they started tightening up something fierce. And this was before the bank crashes.

I would think that if you qualify for a mortgage, you could do a lot better. A credit union card or Cap One, maybe.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
Laurenlou

I got my hooters card in 8/08, 1 year ago, with a $500 CL.  I logged on today to see a $200 CLI. Not much compared to what they used to give, but I'll certainly take it!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+