Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters card approval!

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Hooters card approval!

I finally got approved for the Hoots card. It took over 30 days, but it's another positive step in the right direction for me. It's only a $500 CL, but it will do for now. Anyone of you know how they are with credit line increases?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Re: Hooters card approval!

I received my Hooters October 2009 500cl still no increase. I also use it very often.

Message 2 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@VEEVEE wrote:

I received my Hooters October 2009 500cl still no increase. I also use it very often.

Great! lol. Thanks for the info.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I HAD MINE 2 YRS STARTED AT 500.00 NOW 1500 EVERY 6 MONTHS CLI...

Message 4 of 9
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Grats on the approval but watch if you decide to open more lines... I got approved back in Feb 2010, got the same card/limit plus 4 more cards from my favorite stores.  June 1st I tried my card and found it had been closed for "excessive" credit lines.  All tries to recon failed, even though I was courteous to them my last attempt with their credit dept got me the rudess no, asked me if that was all, and I was trying to say okay I understand and she flat out hung up on me.

Merrick will never see me again...

~JD
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree!

Message 6 of 9
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on the approval, i applied but got denied, will call tomorrow for recon

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...you guys did better than me. I got a whopping $300 limit with a stupid $48 AF. WTH!! I thought since they are strict TU pullers I would have gotten better than that! O'well, at 1 year mark it's going bye bye!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeydtx wrote:

Grats on the approval but watch if you decide to open more lines... I got approved back in Feb 2010, got the same card/limit plus 4 more cards from my favorite stores.  June 1st I tried my card and found it had been closed for "excessive" credit lines.  All tries to recon failed, even though I was courteous to them my last attempt with their credit dept got me the rudess no, asked me if that was all, and I was trying to say okay I understand and she flat out hung up on me.

Merrick will never see me again...

I'm curious about why you had your Hooters account closed. How many credit cards did  you have at the time and what was the timeline for getting them? How often did you use the card or was June the first time you ever used the card?

Always sucks to hear about having an account closed on you out of nowhere like that.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.