Valued Member

Hooters card

I applied for the Hooters card on July 9th and haven't heard a peep from them.  Said I would hear something with 7-10 days.  My TU is 644 so I would think I'd be approved, but it sure would be nice to know either way.  How has everyone else's experience been?
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hooters card

This company in my opinion was good. I had the same message and called back the next day and was approved with 3K cl. Not sure what they look for but my TU fico was over 620 when I applied and was approved. Just call the number on the website I want to say 1800- hooters. But they will tell you right away.  FYI no BK filed.
Frequent Contributor

They never replied back to me...they just sent me a card in the mail!!! Took about two weeks, if I remember correctly. Good Luck!!
Valued Member

just called Hooters and I was approved for $8,000 - Don't plan to use it, but it will sure help my util.
Established Contributor

debz wrote:
just called Hooters and I was approved for $8,000 - Don't plan to use it, but it will sure help my util.

Congrats!:smileyhappy:

They only gave us $3k:smileysurprised:

Rob
Valued Member

debz wrote:

$8000. !  That's a lot of hot wings! 
Frequent Contributor

WOW.....what are your scores if you don't mind me asking?  I have a Hooters card, but not a CL that high!

Congrats on the CL!!!
Frequent Contributor

never mind...just read your original post. Sorry.....
Established Contributor

Same! See my post titled Applied for the fabled Huters card-7-10 days for answer. Someone posted the direct credit dept phone number, and I called them every couple of days. 2K  CL!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
I applied recently was initially declined, but called and developed a rapore with a supervisor in their "credit decisioning" area. I re-applied, explained some of the older negative stuff, showed a trend of steady improvements and was then approved for a $1000 trade line.

I found them (Merrick Bank) to be nice folks, once you get past the initial app phase. One thing is for sure, though... they have some strict minimum scores they'll allow (using TransUnion and ExperianFICO and their own internal scoring) but after that, it's all about showing that you're on a solid positive trend. And I'm not for certain what those minimum scores are, but when I was in the low 500's I didn't qualify. Once I got above the 550 mark, things were more promising.

The best aprt of all of this? I can now entertain clients at our favorite restaurant and Hooter's points at the same time... it's all about the wings, right?

Message Edited by CreditHawk on 07-28-2007 10:02 AM

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.