Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters is totally insane...!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters is totally insane...!

I don't know what the deal is with hooters but they are crazy... I know everyone has been waiting for that automatic CLI at the six month mark and a lot of folks didn't get it. Well I opened up mines back in Sep/07 which is way past the six month mark and I've called about it twice. I asked about it again a few weeks ago and they said sorry you don't qualify for one or there is not one available. Thats via back door and front door. Or shall I say when you call the back door they send you right back to the front door. Anyway they said you'll receive your letter in the mail with the reason why. I got the first letter 2 weeks ago which was very vague. It said if you want a reason to call the credit department. I called the credit department and asked specifically what reason I'm not eligible for a CLI and she said sorry we can't discuss that over the phone but we'll mail you a letter. Well in the mail today I got the letter. It said I'm sorry you have previous paid collection and a BK from 2002??? The paid collections are from three years ago or more first point. Second point they approved the account with these things on there and my TU is 650. They have serious issues especially since they are not approving people with mortgages either. That is why they will remain retired in my sock drawer.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters is totally insane...!

DH didn't receive one around his 7th statement and he called to ask. They said no. His 9th statement cut and he was given an increase. He still has quite a few derog's that will fall off by next year.
Message 2 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

That is the EXACT same thing that happened to me, Ash. I was stuck at $500 with a $36 AF and 20+APR, so I gave them the boot at the 6th statement.

I considered those terms subprime, and wish not to be affiliated with subprime anymore.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ash,

i called at the 7 month mark, was told CLI was automatic and i could NOT request a CLI....My originonal Tu score was 635 and was approved for a 1K Cl in 08/07..my score jumped to Tu711 when i called them to request a CLI...

Later the following month (3/08) i got a STINGY $200 cli to 1200...WOW!

a FICO score increase 70+ points gets me another 200 Hooters...Silly company.. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called after 6 months and was told I didn't qualify for an CLI. So I paid the balance down to zero and stopped using the card. I think it was a week b4 the 8th statement that I finally got a $400 CLI.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow,
They have issues beyond words...! I'm not going to worry about them anymore I'm just not going to use them anymore and close the account in the near future. You know it was supposed to be a rebuilder card to bad they dont grow with you. I got a pre-approval notice from Chase to refinance my mortgage which is cool, glad to be on their marketing list LOL Smiley Happy

I'm going to save up my fico points and head for the prime when I can...As far as hooters is concerened they can bite the dust !!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters has recently tightened their belts as far as credit limits go. They used to give out some high limits to people with shakey credit. Those days are over.
The automatic cli's at 6 months are not a given either.

At 7 months, I requested a CLI. Cost me a hard inquiry. The reason for denial was: "Your account is not eligible for CLI due to pre-determined limit." I'm permenantly lumped into the sub-prime group evidently. Why pull a hard if you're going to tell me that?

Why would I want to keep my $72AF/23.9% card when I now have over 700 FICOs and several $5k limit cards all under 10%?

If they can't grow with you... dump them... not even worth the space in your sock drawer. I dumped Orchard & Juniper too.

Message Edited by gamecock on 06-07-2008 12:11 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.