Did you mean: 

Hooters rewards going away

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Hooters rewards going away

Got a letter in the mail saying

Dear XXX

Hooters Card LLC has decided to discontinue the Hooters Rewards Program Effective May 13 Hooters Card will cease offering reward points

I wonder if I can PC to another card after that

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Hooters rewards going away

@john398 wrote:

Dear XXX

Hooters Card LLC has decided to discontinue the Hooters Rewards Program Effective May 13 Hooters Card will cease offering reward points

Bummer.  It sounds like Merrick is shutting the Hooters card down, since they also aren't taking applications for it either.    I would assume they would probably PC you to something else though.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Dear XXX

Bummer.  It sounds like Merrick is shutting the Hooters card down, since they also aren't taking applications for it either.    I would assume they would probably PC you to something else though.

I guiess I can call but first I want my $50 gift card LOL

Message 3 of 29
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Dear XXX

When did you get this letter? I got a thing to get estatments insted of paper ones.
Message 4 of 29
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

"I would assume they would probably PC you to something else though."

HA!  LOL

Not making fun of the person who made this statement; just making fun of Merrick.  I like them and they've been decent to me.  They just don't seem to care about anything that isn't their idea.  I'm surprised the Hooters card is still operational at all and I'm not surprised they shut down the rewards.  The rewards site hardly worked.  I got my last $25 cash back out of them and I had the feeling they'd be shutting that down; when I entered my credit card information (I had to buy a couple of points to have enough to cash out) they did not even have enough years in the pull-down bar to fill out a card past something like 2012!  I got the impression the site had not been maintained in a long time.

Senior Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Dear XXX

When did you get this letter? I got a thing to get estatments insted of paper ones.

UIt was dated 3/13/12 and I got yesterday really surprised I got it in 1 day

Message 6 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

"I would assume they would probably PC you to something else though."

HA!  LOL

Not making fun of the person who made this statement; just making fun of Merrick.  I like them and they've been decent to me.  They just don't seem to care about anything that isn't their idea.  I'm surprised the Hooters card is still operational at all and I'm not surprised they shut down the rewards.  The rewards site hardly worked.  I got my last $25 cash back out of them and I had the feeling they'd be shutting that down; when I entered my credit card information (I had to buy a couple of points to have enough to cash out) they did not even have enough years in the pull-down bar to fill out a card past something like 2012!  I got the impression the site had not been maintained in a long time.

I'm laughing with you ~ just looked at the Merrick website and it looks like they offer Classic Visa® and MasterCard® Credit Card Products, but you can't apply without an acceptance certificate.   But you can apply for their secured card though.   So who knows what they are going to do with the Hooters cards.....

Message 7 of 29
knightimer
Established Member

Is the credit card going away? or it's reward program?

TransUnion 778 Date: 11/04/2011
Equifax 773 Date:1/08/2010
Experian 782 Date:11/15/2011 PESCU
Message 8 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@knightimer wrote:

Is the credit card going away? or it's reward program?

They haven't announced that the card is going away.   Just the fact that the rewards are.  And also they aren't taking new applications.

Message 9 of 29
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

WHHHAAATTT! i haven't heard anything about this, nor have i received a letter.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.