Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters ridiculous rewards program

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Hooters ridiculous rewards program

So today I ordered a $10 giftcard to Borders bookstore with my Hooters card points.

It cost me 503 points for shipping. This is the equivalent of $503 for a $0.42 stamp. Are you *bleeping* kidding me?

No other program has ever charged me for sending an item I am redeeming points with and I redeemed 3 other cards this week (Barnes and Noble gift card, Macys giftcard and a law book).

I think their program is ridiculous and after they let a fraudster keep $98 of my money they have officially become numero 0 in my book. A pack of gum every 3 months is too good for them. I think I will buy a single mint and call it a day!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Hooters ridiculous rewards program

Ours is collecting sock lint.  We were just granted an increase, without asking, of $200. 
Message 2 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Bella1980 wrote:

So today I ordered a $10 giftcard to Borders bookstore with my Hooters card points.

It cost me 503 points for shipping. This is the equivalent of $503 for a $0.42 stamp. Are you *bleeping* kidding me?

No other program has ever charged me for sending an item I am redeeming points with and I redeemed 3 other cards this week (Barnes and Noble gift card, Macys giftcard and a law book).

I think their program is ridiculous and after they let a fraudster keep $98 of my money they have officially become numero 0 in my book. A pack of gum every 3 months is too good for them. I think I will buy a single mint and call it a day!

They didn't remove a fraudulent charge???

Here we go again...
Message 3 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Bella1980 wrote:

They didn't remove a fraudulent charge???

NOPE. They put it in dispute for over 2 months then just put it back on the card. I really hate them....I don't even know if I can voice my distate for them. This charge was clearly FRAUD and I sent verifying documentation that clearly showed this was fraud.But no.....I am now paying $98 for this....never again Hooters...you got a couple thousand from me...but now....ha...you'd be lucky to getten bucks!

Message 4 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Dumb question, but you did escalate the matter all the way up the chain right? Did you file a complaint on PFB?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

When this fraud occured I sent a letter to the attorney general, BBB and another government institute as well as filing a dispute with the my credit card.

After all that I still ended up paying for this fraud.....sometimes I have no faith in the system!

Message 6 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Bella1980 wrote:

When this fraud occured I sent a letter to the attorney general, BBB and another government institute as well as filing a dispute with the my credit card.

After all that I still ended up paying for this fraud.....sometimes I have no faith in the system!

The BBB didn't help at all?

I'm sorry, I just find that outrageous. 

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

They sent my complaint to the company who never responded and then they sent another letter to no response and then they closed the complaint.

The local company (part of a national chain) sent me a really really rude letter in response to a letter I sent them about this fraud and supposedly was going to be assisting me. I never heard back from them after my response to that rude letter.

I wrote the national company with official paperwork....heard nada from them.

I'm disgusted that this could occur.... really disgusted. It may just be $98 but I am a student and I don't have discretionary income to throw out the window.

Message 8 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

does kind of suck they charge you points to ship.  cap 1 does not do that w/its rewards programs.  btw, don't feel bad- your 500 pts to ship is cheap- hooters wants 550 POINTS from me to ship a gift card LOL  I wonder if they charge you to ship a rewards check?  I am close to a $25 check so will just wait for that.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.