Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters

I had never heard of the Hooters card, and probably would never have thought of getting one until I saw the posts here and checked out whogavemecredit.com.  So I applied, and got approved!  I called to see what the CL was but they said they weren't allowed to give that info over the phone (not true, based on some other posts here) but whatever.  I'll find out soon enough when I get the card in the mail.  My highest CL right now is $800 so hoping Hooters gives me at least $1k.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well crap.  I got the Hooters card today and the CL is only $500.  No AF and APR is 23.20%.  Anyone know how soon they will give a CLI?  And do I need to ask, or will they review the account periodically?
Message 12 of 23
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

6 months.

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 13 of 23
ShinyGirl
New Contributor

I have a $1500 line with no AF and the 23% interest. I've had it since Jan or Feb. I just paid it off today via a balance transfer to another credit line with a much lower IR.

We'll see if they'll give me an increase at the six month mark...or at least a IR decrease. Since getting it, I've run about $2000 or more through it and made several large, healthy payments, paying it off once before this time and never maxing it out.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the card for a year.  They've never given me a CLI but they did lower my IR by 4% without a request from me.  I've only ran one large charge through since I've had the card and that was paid off quickly.  I guess if I used it more, they might consider a CLI. 
Message 15 of 23
texan25
Valued Member

I applied yesterday after hearing all the good stuff on this site. I got this email

Congratulations! You have been approved for a Hooters MasterCard® Credit Card.On behalf of Hooters, we truly appreciate that you have chosen to become one of our customers. We look forward to serving your financial needs for years to come. Your new card(s) should arrive in the mail in a couple of weeks - so watch your mailbox.One of the first things you'll want to do after receiving your new card(s) is to check out and enroll in our free, online Customer Care Center at hooters where you can access and manage your account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Use your new Hooters MasterCard® Credit Card to live life the way you want. Again, thank you for choosing Hooters and Merrick Bank.Sincerely,Richard UrrutiaPresident, Merrick Bank

I can't believe it. I never thought I would get approved for anything. My FAKO's from creditkeeper are EX 596 TU 579 EQ 572.
Latest FICO® Scores 10-20-08
TransUnion 615
Equifax 590
Experian 601
Message 16 of 23
cliccmade
Contributor

Applied 3 times. Finally approved in June when my TU score went to 640.

CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

ShinyGirl wrote:
I have a $1500 line with no AF and the 23% interest. I've had it since Jan or Feb. I just paid it off today via a balance transfer to another credit line with a much lower IR.

We'll see if they'll give me an increase at the six month mark...or at least a IR decrease. Since getting it, I've run about $2000 or more through it and made several large, healthy payments, paying it off once before this time and never maxing it out.

Wow 23% APR. Isnt that like a secured card APR? I thought it would be a cool card to have but not at 23%.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bah, APR doesn't matter if you don't carry a balance. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I quess if your lucky to not carry a balance. Thoes of us that have to carry a balance wouldnt carry that card.

Message Edited by cartercorp on 09-30-2008 08:12 PM
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.