Hope I didn't goof up with Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hope I didn't goof up with Discover

@smc733 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

And they try to sell you "protection" whenever you call, and charges take FOREVER to post to the account.

Seriously, a supermarket charge from last Monday posted TODAY.  Starbucks from last Monday posted today too!

That's never happened to me. But serioulsy why don't you cancel the card and move on??? Have you had the card for 6 months? Maybe after 6 months you will get a credit increase. Sounds like your bitter because they didn't give you a high cl. Heres a tissue.

I'm not worried about the CL, in fact, I haven't mentioned that in this thread.  

It is the:

-Constant sales pitch on the phone

-Cash access checks

-BT Offer harassment

-Slow posting of transactions

-Ads on the crappy website

...just to name a few.

I don't get the sales pitch.   Cash access checks? Well just ignore them.

BT offer harassment??? Do you have a lot of credit card debt? I don't get that. Slow posting ? Not really. 

Ads on the crappy website? Its actually a nice website no ads, only shows some other ways they can service you.

I am pretty sure that defamation, libel, or slander to a company (when statements are false) is ILLEGAL and the forum should stop such extremist comments about a reputable, wonderful company.

Message 21 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Let's all agree to disagree. A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Smiley Wink

I'm sure if we polled everyone in here some will say that Discover is sub-prime-like. I bet others would say the same about Citi, Chase, Amex, BofA, and many others. And conversely, I bet we might just have a poster or two who thinks Credit One, CapOne, and Orchard are above prime. Based on their experiences, they might be right. Just like Discover.

Message 22 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

And they try to sell you "protection" whenever you call, and charges take FOREVER to post to the account.

Seriously, a supermarket charge from last Monday posted TODAY.  Starbucks from last Monday posted today too!

That's never happened to me. But serioulsy why don't you cancel the card and move on??? Have you had the card for 6 months? Maybe after 6 months you will get a credit increase. Sounds like your bitter because they didn't give you a high cl. Heres a tissue.

I'm not worried about the CL, in fact, I haven't mentioned that in this thread.  

It is the:

-Constant sales pitch on the phone

-Cash access checks

-BT Offer harassment

-Slow posting of transactions

-Ads on the crappy website

...just to name a few.

I don't get the sales pitch.   Cash access checks? Well just ignore them.

BT offer harassment??? Do you have a lot of credit card debt? I don't get that. Slow posting ? Not really. 

Ads on the crappy website? Its actually a nice website no ads, only shows some other ways they can service you.

I am pretty sure that defamation, libel, or slander to a company (when statements are false) is ILLEGAL and the forum should stop such extremist comments about a reputable, wonderful company.

Sales pitch, they ALWAYS try to sell credit monitoring, payment suspension service (if you need it), I don't like being sold thinks when I call support...  My total debt in CCs last month was $36, thank you.

And I'm pretty sure you're clueless with that last statement and should probably cease posting after that.  All of this is subjective opinion, which cannot be disputed with any actual empirical evidence, which is required.

Saying "Discover murdered my family", is slander.  Saying "discover sucks", is not.  Hell, if the US was like that, the First Amendment wouldn't exist.  

That last part really makes me think you're some kind of hired rep for Discover.  I know companies (Microsoft does it a lot) hire people to troll forums upping the tone for their company, attempting to look good.  Read up on the law for slander/libel before you embarrass yourself again, I've heavily studied legal and political studies at a top university, and I can assure you, you are woefully mis-informed.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 23 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under moderator review

This thread has gone way off topic and appears ever so slightly personal with respect to the posts in here.

If anyone cares, I called and the rep apologized and said that I am a great customer, that I've never been late, always under the CL, yada, yada, etc. He said the disclaimer in the second-half is standard for their customer e-mails (I'm not totally buying thaT) and that they had to send the e-mail because they only wanted to take the auto-draft out for a year, and that the law requires them to provide notice (I see that).

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.