cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope for those with bad credit

tag
longhorns

Hope for those with bad credit

I want to thank the myfico community for getting me back on track. Just a couple of years ago all i could get was an orchard bank card with a $300 limit. Thanks to the advice on here, in the past year i have graduated to a BOA platinum plus Visa, Amex green, and a Barclay Apple card. Thanks again for all the advice, and for those of you stuck with a bad score and bad cards, follow the advice on here and it will get better with time.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Hope for those with bad credit

+1   

I too have raised my score enough to get a Discover More and Barclay card with everything I've learned here. Follow the great advice on myFICO and you will succeed!

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 2 of 7
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@Believe1970 wrote:

+1   

I too have raised my score enough to get a Discover More and Barclay card with everything I've learned here. Follow the great advice on myFICO and you will succeed!

+1 also 

i started with a 300 household card and look where im at now Smiley Happy

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 3 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

For each of the members posting above...YOU are at least half of the solution, and IMO, much more than that!

Each of you took the time to look for answers.  You educated yourselves.  No one else did that for you...or could.

Please give yourselves credit for your accomplishments. 

The folks here just advise, just to help, because we've all been there at one time or another in our lives.  You did the rest.

Welcome to the forum, longhorns!  Thanks for the post!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

+1....I too started with a $300 CL from Orchard 6yrs ago. Best thing anyone can do when they are rebuilding is, read this forum, educate yourself and never miss a single payment. With all of the above and patience, your score will rise.

Message 5 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Another +1 !!!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

For each of the members posting above...YOU are at least half of the solution, and IMO, much more than that!

Each of you took the time to look for answers.  You educated yourselves.  No one else did that for you...or could.

Please give yourselves credit for your accomplishments. 

The folks here just advise, just to help, because we've all been there at one time or another in our lives.  You did the rest.

Welcome to the forum, longhorns!  Thanks for the post!  Smiley Happy

Agreed, we are the ones who have had to do the work. Nothing improves by ignoring problems and staying on the wrong path.

But... this board has been invaluable for getting the right information. Many things that I believed about credit cards were wrong, and I was stuck in subprime for a long, long time because of that. Thanks to members posting their insights, experiences, and providing educational information, I've been able to just begin to stick a toe over the threshold from subprime to prime. I have a ways to go yet, but at least I'm showing definite signs of moving FORWARD, something that was not happening for me previously.

So yes... pats on the back all around to those of us who have made the effort to educate ourselves and follow through on responsible plans to repair/rebuild our credit. And a round of applause, too, to myFICO members, for helping us to find the tools to make the job possible! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.