cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for a Barclays CLI on 7th or 8th sm...help??!!

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hoping for a Barclays CLI on 7th or 8th sm...help??!!

Graph_CLIPart2.png

This chart is from Barclays on how they generally look for CLI's. 25-35% or so is a sweet spot for auto CLI if you are to believe their chart

Message 11 of 15
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

Graph_CLIPart2.png

This chart is from Barclays on how they generally look for CLI's. 25-35% or so is a sweet spot for auto CLI if you are to believe their chart

What do the X and Y axis represent?

Message 12 of 15
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Ok, so my 6th statement cut this month on the 10th, I thought I did everything right, and was disappointed to NOT get the usual "6th month cli". I pif every month, use the card A LOT, and heavily, make several big payments a month, and twice I let a small balance carry over ($63), then pif immediately.  My total overall revolving credit was 1% reporting on one card at the time, and my TU score had actually gone UP by 5 pts since opening the card. 

The only thing I think of as to why I didn't get my cli was......(data points)....I had probably 6 new Inquiries and 3-4 new cards since opening Barclays.  So, they liked me enough not to close my account since they are SO sensitive to that, but not enough to give me a cli. I haven't changed my spending habits with them. My question is... I know some people have gotten their increase on the 7th or 8th statement. My next statement will cut on 09/10/14, and that will be my 7th sm.  Should I have a $0 bal, or carry over? If carry over how much? A few hundred?? Plus I'm in the garden... So they may want to see no apps or new cards for another 6 months from me. 

Any advice is much appreciated!! Thanks:-)

Same here!  My 6th statement cut August 5th; no increase.  I opened a few new accounts since opening with them in February so I'm thinking the same.  My 7th statement cut September 5th; & I am paying the balance to zero to see what happens.  My overall utilization stays under 6%.  I hope we all get our increases!!

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 13 of 15
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Horizontal (X) is Utilization

Vertical (Y) is CLI or CLD approval odds or chances for auto CLI

so going from left to right utilzation climbs. at 30% or so green line is CLI is peaking. at 80% utilization red line CLD peaks. It donest really specify if its Total utilization or Barclays Utilaztion.

http://www.barclaycardring.com/t5/Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Blog/A-Case-Study-of-a-Credit-Line-Increas...

Message 14 of 15
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I've had my Barclaycard since December; use every month, put some okay spend through it and always PIF. No auto-CLI. Smiley Sad Maybe opening Freedom back in May spooked them away along with my low income? :\ Will never know..

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.