cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horror. Barclays UPDATE: Bonus SAVED! Yippie!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Horror. Barclays UPDATE: Bonus SAVED! Yippie!

Glad it all worked out for you!

Message 11 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It appears that in most cases, based on sufficient proof, that they're willing to honor the reward offer.

Message 12 of 17
krial
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

It appears that in most cases, based on sufficient proof, that they're willing to honor the reward offer.

Looks like they're not going to give me the reward offer. Some run around because the bonus offer isn't listed in my Terms & Conditions, I must have been approved for a different offer than the one I applied for.

All the application page says is:

"Bonus Points: Applicants who are approved for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard will receive 2,500 bonus points after the first use of the account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned, disputed or rescinded). A balance transfer is subject to the balance transfer fee set forth in the Terms and Conditions."

I got approved, and my card is a Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard, but apparently a Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard is not a Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard. I got the same 0% APR for 6 months followed by 24.99% APR that the page says.

Apparently I got the exact card on the page, except with the line about 2,500 bonus points removed from my terms and conditions. It's only $25 and it really doesn't matter, but they could have at least mentioned that they removed the bonus that was explicitly stated I should receive instead of intentionally misleading me.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@krial wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Looks like they're not going to give me the reward offer. Some run around because the bonus offer isn't listed in my Terms & Conditions, I must have been approved for a different offer than the one I applied for.

All the application page says is:

"Bonus Points: Applicants who are approved for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard will receive 2,500 bonus points after the first use of the account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned, disputed or rescinded). A balance transfer is subject to the balance transfer fee set forth in the Terms and Conditions."

I got approved, and my card is a Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard, but apparently a Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard is not a Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard. I got the same 0% APR for 6 months followed by 24.99% APR that the page says.

Apparently I got the exact card on the page, except with the line about 2,500 bonus points removed from my terms and conditions. It's only $25 and it really doesn't matter, but they could have at least mentioned that they removed the bonus that was explicitly stated I should receive instead of intentionally misleading me.

Oh I see.  Well, the outcome is unfortunate but at least it's a nominal/small value.  If it had been in the range of ~$100 or higher, then maybe it would be worth escalating.

Message 14 of 17
knhorn
Contributor

Can you only redeem your rewards points for travel with this Barclaycard?

Message 15 of 17
krial
Regular Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

Can you only redeem your rewards points for travel with this Barclaycard?

Nope. Despite the fact that it says "miles" all over instead of "points" or something similar, they can still be redeemed for cash, gift cards, statement credits, whatever.

I mean, obviously they read this stuff over real well to make it clear, right?

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 16 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I bet if you sent Barclays a copy of the application page you used to sign up, they would give you the bonus.

As a side note:  This thread is confusing since I started it months ago and it kind of closed out when I got my bonus. Although your issue is related, it is a different circumstance resulting in a different outcome and doesn't fit the OP or subject line. Next time, you would probably get more forum member input with a new thread.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.