Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel authorization -Chase Freedom

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Hotel authorization -Chase Freedom

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this. I just used my chase card for a hotel for the first time. I noticed that the hotel incidental hold posted 3 days into my 7 day stay. In my experience, CC holds never posted and were only authorized. Anyone have experience with this, and will it cause an issue when dropping off after checkout?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MrAnonymous

Re: Hotel authorization -Chase Freedom

Go to the front desk and request a copy of your folio. I would be willing to bet they posted a payment on the card. Usually any pending authorizations or portions of them are released after check out. I am a hotel GM and I can tell you that any Front Office Manager or Supervisor, Accounting Manager or GM can take care of any discrepancies with ease.
Message 2 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

when you say posted do you mean pending? if it really posted and not just pending I have never seen that 3 days into a stay

Message 3 of 6
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

It definitely posted, no longer pending. So this is a mistake on their end then?
Message 4 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
It definitely posted, no longer pending. So this is a mistake on their end then?

Sounds like a mistake on Hotel's end yes

Message 5 of 6
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks all... Spoke to the hotel and they are refunding it an re-ran the card for authorization. Still not sure what happened! Hopefully I'll see the refund on chase's end in the next day or two.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.