Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel cards that pay for itself.

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Hotel cards that pay for itself.

Jake, you are right, all seasons are great in SD. I'm guessing you are from by the 619 in your name.

Creditscholar, the JW Marriott Camelback in scottsdale was awesome. Can't say enough good things about it. Chose that place over the Ritz and Waldorf.
Message 51 of 56
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Ok folks. I travel often, but I don't necessarily stay at the same property. Often, my girlfriend books hotels through Marriott.  If I only travel once a month, is it even worth it to get a hotel card?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 52 of 56
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Jake, you are right, all seasons are great in SD. I'm guessing you are from by the 619 in your name.

Indeed I am.  Now if we could just adopt the TX mentality Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 56
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Well, the hotel card will keep you loyal to a particular brand and some of ancillary benefits are nice.
Message 54 of 56
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I love SD. I have family in socal so I/we like to head out there often.
Message 55 of 56
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@bluesnowman wrote:

One of my classmates from last year (i had a business class with him) had a Mariott card (I believe it was the premier card). The annual fee is 85$, from what I have seen it is mostly good for business travelers or people who stay at mariott often. Starwood is good if you happen to stay at Sheraton's or Four Season Hotels. The other cards mentioned are good too. 

I believeChase Marriott Rewards Premier is metal

It is metal, a friend of mine has it.  Very nice looking card!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.