Valued Contributor
MrShush

Re: Hotel cards that pay for itself.

Jake, you are right, all seasons are great in SD. I'm guessing you are from by the 619 in your name.

Creditscholar, the JW Marriott Camelback in scottsdale was awesome. Can't say enough good things about it. Chose that place over the Ritz and Waldorf.
Established Contributor
FutureBillionaire

Ok folks. I travel often, but I don't necessarily stay at the same property. Often, my girlfriend books hotels through Marriott.  If I only travel once a month, is it even worth it to get a hotel card?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Frequent Contributor
jake619

MrShush wrote:
Jake, you are right, all seasons are great in SD. I'm guessing you are from by the 619 in your name.

Indeed I am.  Now if we could just adopt the TX mentality :smileyvery-happy:

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Valued Contributor
MrShush

Well, the hotel card will keep you loyal to a particular brand and some of ancillary benefits are nice.
Valued Contributor
MrShush

I love SD. I have family in socal so I/we like to head out there often.
Established Contributor
KIPPIE12

SwiftTone wrote:

bluesnowman wrote:

One of my classmates from last year (i had a business class with him) had a Mariott card (I believe it was the premier card). The annual fee is 85$, from what I have seen it is mostly good for business travelers or people who stay at mariott often. Starwood is good if you happen to stay at Sheraton's or Four Season Hotels. The other cards mentioned are good too. 

I believeChase Marriott Rewards Premier is metal

It is metal, a friend of mine has it.  Very nice looking card!

Current Score: EQ: 781 TU: 798 EX: 802 (Fico) 8/13
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+