Regular Contributor
ficofox

Hotel holds/authorizations - do they report?

I'll be traveling at the same time as my Cap1 reports to the credit bureaus.  My balance on the cc will be $0, but there will be a pre-authorization hold from the hotel.  Will this hold amount show as part of my utilization when the card reports?

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
rbh

Re: Hotel holds/authorizations - do they report?

No.

AMEX Blue Cash - $15k, Lowes/GECRB - $10K, PNC - $10K, CIti Diamond Preferred - $10K, Home Depot/Citi - $7590, Best Buy Store/HSBC - $7400, Citi Platinum Select - $7150, Best Buy RZMC/HSBC - $5750, Dillards/GECRB - $4350, Discover More - $3600, Cap 1 Cash Rewards - $3000, Amex HHonors - $2000, State Farm - $2000, Cap 1 MTV - $1500
Super Contributor
DI

ficofox wrote:

I'll be traveling at the same time as my Cap1 reports to the credit bureaus.  My balance on the cc will be $0, but there will be a pre-authorization hold from the hotel.  Will this hold amount show as part of my utilization when the card reports?

No.  Not until Cap1 receives a sales slip from the business. 

New Contributor
LS1

The amount on hold doesn't actually post to the balance so it won't show. I stay in hotels apprx.150 nights out of the year and I've never had that happen.

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Regular Contributor
ficofox

Wonderful. Thank you all for your fast replies. :smileyhappy: 

Also thanks to everyone for all of the other great posts.  This forum has helped me bring my credit score from 'Poor' to 'Good' territory in under a year. 

(Back to lurking.)

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Regular Contributor
700orbust

I tried to find the answer to this as well last month - happy to say auths have no impact on reporting!

------------------------------------------------
7/11: EQ: 724, TU: 720, EX 745ish (5/11 pull)

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Venture.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}