Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank/Chase CLI's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household Bank/Chase CLI's?

Hi there,
Been working on building my credit profile for about 12 mos and am doing well - good mix, no lates, have real estate, revolving, and installment....a lot of inquiries, but it's a story for another day.  One helpful 'hint' to improving my score is constant, no matter what FICO/FAKO I use, and that's my low credit limits.

I have five major CC's, 2 of which have low CL's, Household ($300) and Chase ($400).  My other cards are $2000, $3750, and $10,000.  I'm going to attempt to get the Household and Chase up, but don't know if they do hard pulls or not (none of the others, Cap1, Target Visa, and BofA Platinum Select, did, they simply reviewed the account). *Edit: Found out Chase, does, in fact do hard pulls, after speaking to a CSR.  Also, midnight's right, household wants a hard pull, too.*

Anyone have experience with these folks?  Thanks in advance, and, you heard it here first, happy holidays! (I'm that annoying neighbor that puts up Christmas lights BEFORE Thanksgiving, haha!).

Frank

Message Edited by OBXFrank on 11-04-2007 11:50 AM

Message Edited by OBXFrank on 11-07-2007 04:52 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Household Bank/Chase CLI's?

I am told by Chase that they usually do a hard pull, and they will give a CL between your current one and your highest one. But that was just a CRS person, so who knows?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have two cards from hsbc. Both are with $400 CL. I was wating for them to be 1 year old and ask them for CLI. If they dont approve, I would just cancel them. There is no point in paying $35 annual fee for each card every year.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC - softed me the other day, they know my balance with them are zero. They must know they are on the chopping block.

@Red1Blue wrote:
I have two cards from hsbc. Both are with $400 CL. I was wating for them to be 1 year old and ask them for CLI. If they dont approve, I would just cancel them. There is no point in paying $35 annual fee for each card every year.

Message 4 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got approved for HSBC MC/Visa at the same time about 7 months ago. Last month I got HSBC Discover. I think HSBC will allow more than one card.

However every time I apply for a second card from CreditOne Bank they always decline stating that I have one account with them and I am not allowed to have second account with them.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting on Chase, 10th of this month but HSBC auto CLId two of my cards with them at the 6 mos mark,(though tiny they were) and requested a CLI ob BB Store after three or 4  months and got it, no hard.

Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I think that there are many different parts of Chase and that they probably have different rules.  I have a United Airlines Chase card.  I will be asking for a CL sometime after it is a year old.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have the CC store card and keep hearing different versions of how they do things. Even depending on which CR you speak to, 7 days and we will see.
Message 8 of 9
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Interesting (frustrating?) thing about Household/HSBC.  I have a two-yr old Household card with CL of $5500. Never late; almost always paid over minimum; current balance $350.  I requested a CLI of $2500 and was instantly declined.  Within an hour or two after being declined, I applied for an HSBC Cash or Fly MC and was instantly approved for a $5750 CL (much better terms and 0 AF).  A few days later, I received a letter regarding my CLI decline stating items in my CR as the reason.

It just goes to show that YMMV is in high gear for all CCCs, and not to get too wrapped up in past experiences - yours and others.

Carol

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.