Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank Hard Pull

tag
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

Re: Household Bank Hard Pull

Wow...I have a BB Rewardzone MC & I haven't gotten a hard inquiry since I got it back in 2007. I only see softs on my reports (and I'm checking my annual reports).

I really hope this isn't their new policy... Smiley Sad

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 21 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The whole FCRA thing is open for interpretation. It doesnt say either way what is allowed or disallowed for hard/soft pulls.

I abhor the practice as much as you do, but...

This is not a prohibited practice, they do have a permitted purpose and the INQ can be a hard one since the FCRA does not differentiate between hard and soft INQ's. The is no interpretation involved and this is not a union contract. Past practice, industry standard practices, whatever happened before are totally irrelevant. If HSBC won't recode the INQ for you you are stuck and have no recourse other than to cancel your card.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The whole FCRA thing is open for interpretation. It doesnt say either way what is allowed or disallowed for hard/soft pulls.

I abhor the practice as much as you do, but...

This is not a prohibited practice, they do have a permitted purpose and the INQ can be a hard one since the FCRA does not differentiate between hard and soft INQ's. The is no interpretation involved and this is not a union contract. Past practice, industry standard practices, whatever happened before are totally irrelevant. If HSBC won't recode the INQ for you you are stuck and have no recourse other than to cancel your card.

You arent going to convince me that they are within the guidlines of the FCRA. But thanks for your take on the matter....for the 2nd time.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.